We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanair or precision air

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Zanair or precision air

of the 2 airlines that fly across to and from Zanzibar

ZanAir or Precision, which one is most reliable? thanks

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Tanzania
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Zanair or precision air

mmm rock and a hard place - book with Coastal, proper online booking,reliable,best safety record.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zanair or precision air

I just gave you a listing of the carriers which fly from the mainland to Zanzibar, and there's not much difference in any of them.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zanair or precision air

Dear Mr Gingrich,

we have booked a flight with Precision Air from Zanzibar to Dar (19:30) to catch a KLM flight at 20:50 in Dar. We have been told that Precision Air often cancel this flight and offers no compensation. Could you advise us on this please? Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zanair or precision air

If you want to be guaranteed to arrive in time for the late night KLM flight, then I would suggest that you take an earlier flight so that if there are problems you will have another opportunity to catch another flight. I wouldn't make my connection that close, on most international flights you should be at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight departure, and you only have a tad over 1 hour. That's too close IMO.

There are many flights arriving at Dar daily, on many carriers.

I've never had Precision Air cancel a flight on me, I'm certain that there have been some though.

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zanair or precision air

Oh sorry I made a mistake, we are flying at 22:55 from Dar. So we should have nearly 3 hours. But we might book another flight earlier, maybe with Coastal air. I prefer to spend something more now and be sure to catch my flight. Thank you very very much for your answer!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zanair or precision air

I thought that was a little early for the KLM flight as it typically leaves about midnight.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Zanair or precision air

All are reliable flight.

Precison Air has two late flights 19h30 and 20h40.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zanair or precision air

Thank you! Actually we are probably worring too much for nothing. Got scared by a travel agency.

I just asked Precision Air for the Terms of Carriage (not available on the website). Just to know how to get proper insurance.

9. Re: Zanair or precision air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:18