We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar

I am looking for advice please. We are trekking Mt Kilimanjaro in Sep 2011 and are considering a relax at the end of the trek in Zanzibar. We do not have alot of time. Our flight back to JNB leaves DAR at 0730am. From what i have gathered so far, i think we will need to overnight in DAR to make that flight. that will reduce our stay in ZNZ to 4 nights? the Trek ends 9th Sep. We can fly JRO to DAR then either fly or ferry to ZNZ 9, 10, 11, 12th Sep. Then fly or ferry back to DAR for the night of 13th, early flight to JNB 14th to connect with QF fligth evening of 14th. My question..... Is a visit to Zanzibar going to be the best thing we could do with this time? Where would anyone recommend for this short stay? Is Zanzibar a safe destination? i look forward to hearing any opinions on areas to stay? taxis? things to do etc.

thanks

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar

Firstly,Will have to overnight in Dar to catch that flight because the first flight from Zanzibar is 06h35.

It is not necessary to take a flight from JRO to DAR,Just take it from JRO to ZNZ ,talk to your operator to change the route for this and take JRO -ZNZ.

Zanzibar is a very safe destination but what to see and what to do will depend on your interest.

The main think is History,culture,beach and water sports.

Place to stay: Also will depend on your interest,some people need a quite area,some other need place with options of bars,restaurants that is Hotels closed to each other in a queue,cliff resort ,pure white sandy beaches,Resort within a village,Resort far from villagers etc.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Dar es salaam
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar

Zanzibar will be the best thing you can do while in tanzania.

I suggest if your staying 4 nights then stay three nights in North zanzibar (Nungwi) and one night in stone town. Stay the last nigt in stone town as its easier to get to Dar es salaam from town then it is from nungwi. Also in zanzibar you have to have at least one diiner at Forodhani garden which is in stone town.

In nungwi you can go snorkline, scuba, and just chill by the beach. Nemba (30 min by boat from nungwi) is one of the best places to go snorkling. probably can get some fishing done too. bloody hell wish I was going, lol.

3. Re: Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 03:16