We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Stone own to East Coast

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Stone own to East Coast

Hi,

I am heading to Zanzibar in October and will initially be staying in Stone Town as part of a tour. For my last night I wanted to stay somewhere with beautiful swimming sea water and white beaches, are the best places for this on the East Coast?

Is it easy to get from Stone Town to the East Coast (ie. short in time and cost) as I will need to get back the next day for a flight.

Many thanks for your advice!

Canada
Level Contributor
358 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Stone own to East Coast

From Stonetown to where we stayed on the east coast was a 1 1/4 hour taxi ride and cost $60 each way.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Stone own to East Coast

I think US$ 60 is over charged.

Bargain and can reach to US$ 40-50 per car one way and it takes an hour to get there.

Place to stay will depend on your budget.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Stone own to East Coast

Great thanks for this information. Are the taxis safe to travel in as a single female?

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Stone own to East Coast

Is very safe

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Stone own to East Coast

It is als possible to hop on a daladala (local bus), which will cost you a fraction ($3 maximum) of the taxifare. Inform at your hotel where the daladala to the east cost depart (they are leaving near the market). The trip will take a little longer, but is also a real adventure. You can always arrange a taxi for your way back.

Good luck!

6. Re: Getting from Stone own to East Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 12:18