We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zanzibar questions

usa
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
zanzibar questions

anyone can fill me in oin these?

1. how far is zanzibar airoport from the stone town? about how much by taxi (maoney and time?)

2. any traffic delays that could be expected between stone town and zanzibar airport?

3. where could one store a small to medium size bag if one wants to spend a few hours in stone town on the way to the airport?

4. i plan to get to the stone town from the other coast around midday andmy flight out is around 7pm. what would be a good option to see the town? any advice?

Thanks!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,789 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zanzibar questions

1. about 1 or 2 miles. 10 minutes. pennies.

2. Unlikely, but there may be people or animals or vehicles on the road. might take 15 minutes.

3. ask your driver or hotel.

4. seeing Stonetown would be a good option. World Heritage Site; historic city; start point of most expeditions to central Africa; atmospheric city; loads of sights/shops/ restaurants....

usa
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zanzibar questions

thanks, i will not be staying at any hotel in stone town. the plan B is to go straight to the airport, leave bag there, catch a taxi to the town, look around, catch a taxi back to the airport. ideally i'd like to simplify the plan by storing the bag somewhere in town, if that is possible.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,789 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zanzibar questions

see answer 3.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: zanzibar questions

The driver alwasy take a special extra care for the luggage.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Edited: 20 July 2011, 08:33
usa
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: zanzibar questions

sorry, not sure i understood.

i will have a transfer from the hotel to either stone town to zanzibar airport. i doubt driver will wait for me whole day while i look around?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,789 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: zanzibar questions

The driver will do as you ask. Ask him to look after your luggage. Check with your hotel first to see what it will cost.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: zanzibar questions

I think the suggested idea is book a car with a driver. While you are doing your frantic visit to the town the driver is in the cat watching your bag. Shouldnt add too much to the overall cost of the trip

8. Re: zanzibar questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 04:18