We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar advice, please

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Zanzibar advice, please

Traveling to Tanzania August 2012. Planning to end with 4-5 days in Zanzibar.Would like to visit as much of Zanzibar as is possible. Please advise: hotel in Stonetown or elsewhere, moderate in price; FB at hotel or eat around; book through a Zanzibar agent or on our own. Any other advice will be immensly appreciated. Thank you, Jim DeSantis

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zanzibar advice, please

The one night in Stonetown is enough and take rest of your days by the beach.

There are lots of Stonetown and beach options but will depend on your preference.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zanzibar advice, please

I stayed at the Zanzibar Coffee House in Stone Town last week for 3 nights and enjoyed it greatly. It was very central, very clean and the people who run it are delightful.

Breakfast on the roof was a great way to start the day.

I certainly would give Stone Town at least one full day, which could require 2 nights, although it depends on what time you arrive and what time you leave.

There are enough good restaurants at Stone Town so it would be a pity to have full board there, but most of the hotels on the beach seem to have at least half board and some are a bit isolated for anything else.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zanzibar advice, please

Thank you so very much. Sincerely, Jim DeSantis

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
535 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Zanzibar advice, please

I'd say 1-2 days in Stone Town maximum, then off to the beaches at the coast!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
119 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zanzibar advice, please

I agree with #2 and #4 above. Do all the tours that you can while based in Stone Town (Safari Blue, Spice Tour, Stone Town, etc.), then move to a place on the East Coast where the beaches are stunning and just relax !!! If you want a very small guest house (not a resort though, so no swimming pool), then I can recommend Kilima Kidogo near Paje - we stayed there in July and really enjoyed it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zanzibar advice, please

Thank you, Jim DeSantis

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zanzibar advice, please

Thanks, Jim DeSantis

8. Re: Zanzibar advice, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 00:17