We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relaible flights to and from Zanibar

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
relaible flights to and from Zanibar

hello everyone,

We are currently in the process of booking our air tickets tickets to and from Zanzibar. On the way back from Zanzibar, we have our international return flight on the same day, at night., so we are looking for a super on time airline. Would anybody be able to recommend any reliable airlines to and from Zanzibar to Arusha/ Kilimanjaro?

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

Hi joyks, I would recommend booking with Precision AIr - they are the most reliable airline here arranging flights between JRO-Zanzibar.

Hope this helps!

Dar es Salaam
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

I wouldn't bet on Precisions timings or any other local carrier for that matter.. They do have delays time and time again and I'd advise you to have at least one flight after yours In case of any cancellations.This will ensure you don't remain stranded in Zanzibar airport till the next day.

California
Level Contributor
453 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

Precision air or Zan air might be your best bets. We have not experienced delays with either... although you never know weather and other circumstances.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

I've been delayed for 5 hours on Precision with no alternatives except to wait. In my case it didn't matter as I was flying from mwanza to Arusha, but if I were catching another flight I would most probably have missed it. Never count On anything there, other than the unexpected

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

I am in the process of booking a flight from ZNZ to DAR in order to connect to my return International flight. Karl is right things happen........

I'm going to book my flight from ZNZ a few hours early. I'd rather spend 4+ hours at the DAR the same airport that my International flight leaves than missing the flight for whatever reason

Lusaka, Zambia
Level Contributor
170 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

Karl is right - do not leave too much margin for error.

In my experience, Precision can be delayed, and can also leave early (even without everyone on board).

I agree that it's best to have at least 1-2 flights remaining between the one you plan to take and your onward / outbound international flight.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

i thought Caostal air is reliable? any opinions? we have a gap about 7hrs for our international flight the same day. But in that time we also need to reach Kilimanjaro airport from Arusha

8. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 June 2012, 02:49
Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
761 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

I would pick whichever airline has the most flights, so you have a back-up plan. These small plane flights are often delayed by circumstances beyond the airline's control. Our plane had a flat tire after landing on the Manyara strip. It delayed many flights b/c we were blocking the runway.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,599 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: relaible flights to and from Zanibar

joyks - gather your homebound flight is out of JRO. As you are departing ZNZ, know that Dar-es-Salaam/DAR is only a short 15/min flight from ZNZ rather than over 1/hr to JRO. If you can somehow change your homebound international flight out of DAR, it would be easier and less expensive. Food for thought!

If not, know that it's best not to take the last flight, regardless carrier, even if your layover will be long.