We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar - April 2013

Dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Zanzibar - April 2013

Hi all

I am organising my honeymoon for next April and Zanzibar is somewhere that my and my hubby to be have wanted to go for sometime! Our honeymoon dates are from the 8 April for approximately 2 weeks.

I know this time of year is the long rain season so I was wondering if anyone could let me know if it is worth going? It wouldn't really bother us if there were showers etc, as long as there was still heat and sun to let us chll on beaches and see the island.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zanzibar - April 2013

Yes, the long rain season is exactly as described.

You will get the heat and the humidity (probably be 100 percent).

Dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zanzibar - April 2013

Thanks for your reply. Do you think that it would be worth going to Zanzibar at this time of year?

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zanzibar - April 2013

We send many clients during that period, of course we ensure they are all well aware of the season and the likelihood of showers which will be at their strongest during late April and May. Early April could be dry, but I wouldn't plan for that. If you choose to go, expect frequent short but heavy showers and some heavily discounted room rates!! Is it worth it? Well that depends entirely on you.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Zanzibar - April 2013

Yes, i didn't want to sway your decision, just give you an answer.

Zanzibar has much beauty and great people.

Only with the facts can you make this decision. I have been on beach holidays where its not supposed to rain, and guess, what, rain.

I still had a good time.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zanzibar - April 2013

Weather in Tropical Countries is not predictable.

That time is rainy Season but global warming changes the regulation rainfall ranges.

There is no enough rainfall in Zanzibar at that expected time(Farmers Comments).

Is not raining on daily basis,will get some time for sunbath.

But Try to have more Days at East Coast which is dry land(Coral Land) and does not have enough rain.

North Coast and North East Coast are fertile area and have more rain compared to other coastal regions.

But sill a good time to visit Zanzibar and Prices are very low as a low Seasonal Offers.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

6. Re: Zanzibar - April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 06:16