We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Boutique Hotel

York, United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Boutique Hotel

I think this is a fairly standard question, but going round in circles a bit and need to book soon! Could anyone help by commenting on the below:

Kasha Boutique

Shooting Star suites

Next Paradise Boutique suites

Echo Beach

Kasha looks to be the most obviously luxurious place, in a conventional sense, w/o a decent beach though. Can you reach Matemwe easily enough from there though?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the next three? I'd really like to find somewhere with good personal service, beach, great food and (less important) a bit of life/ activities nearby. We have a budget of around $400 per room per night. Cheers

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Boutique Hotel

Hi John,

I think that you are already on the right lines! The rooms at Kasha are indeed luxurious and perfect for a honeymoon, however there are a few steps to get down onto the beach. The suites at Shooting Star are also awesome, more private than the rooms at Kasha as there are only two and tucked away. Echo Beach is also a good option and has a beautiful beach with no steps or anything. The food at Echo is also very good. Unfortunately I am unable to recommend Next Paradise having not stayed there myself. I do understand however it is popular with the Italian market.

Overall I think you would be happy at any of these however I do have a personal preference. PM me if you would like to know.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy your time in Zanzibar.

York, United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Boutique Hotel

Hi PureZanzibar, I had a few concerns about the general service & food standard at Shooting Star - maybe unfounded - although the suites do look awesome, as you said. I wasn't sure if Echo and Next Paradise were quite in the same category. Would be interested to hear your choice at this level though. Thanks again

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Boutique Hotel

Hi John,

We have never received any negative feedback about the food or service at Shooting Star. I guess it is possible that people people might prefer a more 'fussy' style of service and those guys would probably be in the wrong place. I just had a quick look on this forum and there are a few bad words that mostly date back over 2 years ago, more recently virtually everything has been positive. It is worth a mention though that the suites are different in style to the rest of the resort and the other rooms. Again maybe people could get confused by that?? The rest of the resort is low rise, thatched makuti and quite traditional in style, which is a plus in my book but not for all. If you need loads of activities and facilities on site then Shooting Star is probably not for you. Our latest staff review can be found here: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g482884-d6…

nyc
Level Contributor
14,660 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Boutique Hotel

Kasha or Echo Beach would be my choices.

5. Re: Honeymoon Boutique Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 06:16