We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
2 weeks

hi

could anybody advise me of the following

i want to take my partner to zanzibar next year is 2 weeks too long to spend just for a beach holiday also what resort has the best beaches ,quiet with nice accomodation and also who should we book with in the uk and what time of year is best

many many thanks

nyc
Level Contributor
14,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks

Next year? Which month? Prices are seasonal. There's also a 'wet' season when some places actually close as from mid-Mar thru early-Jun.

Accommodations are available at all budgets whether self-catering, budget cottages, small or large resorts, ceiling fans or with air conditioning.

Two (2) weeks... well, it depends. Even for 'beach' people, this can be an awfully long time. Are you avid water people - snorkling, Scuba? Then maybe Mafia Island split with Zanzibar or Pemba Island; transit between these by short-haul fights (small planes).

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks

Is not too much if you go for Leisure.

I can Say that best Beaches are North Coast and East Coast.

North Coast is not affected by Tides an can swim at all states of tides and Most places at East Coast has the wide pure white sandy beach and can swim at Low tide states only.

Most Places at Eastern Side are quite but Northern part will depend on the time of the year.

April through earlier June is wet because of the long rain which start to taper off in May.

November to December are where the short rains appears.

But this is a tropical country and the weather is not predictable.Global warming has made rainfall changes in the area to be with little range of rainfall,so above months have been not much affect the Holiday as it has not been raining on daily basis and very rare to have it throughout the day.

Rest of Months are Ideal months to visit Zanzibar.

The Choice of Resort is subjet to the budget because they have seasonal Prices

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

3. Re: 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:17