We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Topic
I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

I am flying into ZNZ around 11 AM on Oct 14 and flying out Oct 18 noon.

I'm going alone, and will be staying the entire time in Stone Town. Not interested in bar hopping but some of the highlights Spice Tour.

I am also considering snorkeling. I contacted Safari Blue Tour they go to Fumba island. Do you think I should go with them or wait until I get there.

Any suggestions would be great thanks

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

The set up is not very clear.

But Fumba is not an Island,is in mainland.The trip will take yo to Fumba Village which is in South West area as the base of this trip

This is a full day trip,but if will not need to have a suhc long trip can book a snorkling treip to Mnemba Atoll.

Snorkeling at Mnemba Atoll is probably the best option for larger marine life,as Mnemba is a conservation area where fishing is nowhere near as problematic as in Stone Town (big fish are not very numerous,although still have plenty of smaller reef fish)

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

2. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 September 2012, 09:05
3. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 14:14
Dar es Salaam
Level Contributor
58 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

You can stay at Mary Maru Hotel in Stone Town its a nice hotel

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

I can't believe it I didn't get any email after getting several responses to my posting.

I guess I was not well informed didn't know that Fumba is not an island. Yes, I'm aware that this is an almost all day trip. The tour company told me that they would give me a lift from my hotel in Stone Town with their delivery truck when heading back.

I guess I'd get a taxi or similar for the return. They told me to allow a whole day including traveling to the site and then going snorkeling. I'd settled for small marine life. I don't think I could handled any large marine life.

It's funny I'm getting suggestions for both places Fumba and Mnemba. However, based on the distances I think Fumba would be a better choice. As suggested by Zagatours.

Absolutely, I'm planning going on a spice tour, but to be honest one of the main reason going to ZNZ is to photograph the architecture, and to listen catch some local music. I heard its a great blend of African/middle eastern/cuban sound. I can't wait.

Since I'm arriving before noon where do you think I should launch my discovery of the island. I'm planning on day two to wonder around Stone Town to capture some images. So snorkeling would be on my 3rd day weather permitting.

Or should I just hang around Stone Town on arrival day? The nungui vllage, and the red monkey too. Wow so much so little time

Another thing is it true about the local beach boy I think that's what they are called are very persistant and selling stuff and you can't get rid of them

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,792 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

"to photograph the architecture,"

I met someone photographing the architecture. Apparently the best examples of East German buildings in Africa!

Suggest you just wander round on Day 1 and get your bearings.

Beach boys not very persistent, ime. Many are more interested in improving their language skills.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

You know I was thinking the same after I posted my question

Interesting I thought the Architecture was similar to Macao with lots of Portuguese influence

You never know

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,792 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

I wasn't joking about the East German buildings. Try googling it.

At one point, East Germany was one of the few friends of revolutionary Zanzibar, before it joined the mainland.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

It was news to me didn't know about it . Hmm how would I google that

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,792 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'd like an itinerary suggestions please

I'm guessing you would go to www.google.com and type in some relevant words like "german buildings zanzibar" or similar