We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restoration Safaris

7 posts
Save Topic
Restoration Safaris

Hello,

We are in the process of planning a safari & Zanzibar vacation for Sept 2013... we have contacted several companies for information and tentative itineraries, and are leaning towards going with Restoration Safaris. Has anyone gone with Restoration Safaris or known anyone who has? We've searched for reviews on them and have only found a couple.

Thanks!

Luxury Short Safari
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
Bashasha Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Safaris, Multi-day Tours
Super Safari
Private Tours, Safaris
Oakland, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Restoration Safaris

I don't post often here, but have certainly posted more than once (and not always flattering to the reviewed resources--maybe you can find my St. Petersburg Russia posting about our hotel d'hell). Perhaps the policy of this forum is to remove postings after a year. Since I seldom would post more often than that, probably that's what's transpired. Nonetheless, just because one only posts a single time doesn't make it suspect in my eyes. It seems likely that many folks post on multiple forums (thorntree, et al), and are too busy (as I am) to "ride herd" on subsequent postings, or even access the site unless they're interested in info about a new locale. In any case, I too strongly suggest that folks inquire of previous clients' experience.

South Riding VA
Level Contributor
623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restoration Safaris

Max's post brings up a question I have had about TA. Sometimes we see single digit posters on the forum and we are a little suspect of their post. But I've noticed cases where the number of postings with the poster hasn't changed, e.g., max is listed on his most recent post as having 2 posts and 1 review, but his post of October 1 gives the same numbers. I've noticed it before.

Does anyone know what gives? Just curious-chris

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restoration Safaris

Chris-

When you post, it updates your numbers for all previous posts. I don't have a first post out there. TA automatically updates all your previous posts with your new numbers.

If a post is removed, the same occurs. So, when it says that someone has only one post, it doesn't mean they may have come back later and added another post. It means they have only ever posted one time on TA. So that is why we are suspect.

Philadelphia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Restoration Safaris

i don't know what abuse you think the owner has done- but my post is real. I don't have all the time of the world to stay updated on trip advisor- it's actually linked to my SPAM email. I mainly come on here when I am planning a trip. And this time it's to India. I saw that this thread had been updated- again with accusations of this being a fake post. what does it take for you to consider it real. While I admire the sternness with which you seek truth on this forum, your constant knock-down of any possible positive feedback does not allow users to get any reviews either.

I have used Restoration Safaris. The owner reached out to me to write a review on TA- that's it. He did not say what to write or anything- he knew we were satisfied and asked us to write our experience on TA.

My post above is accurate and I am happy to answer any questions.

Edited: 20 December 2013, 02:39
15. Re: Restoration Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 21:37
Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Restoration Safaris

Way too many one post wonders on this forum. It detracts from the real good knowledge of the regular posters. I for one don't read any of the sock puppet posts.

17. Re: Restoration Safaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Island