We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Faringdon, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling

We are going to The Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort in July and would like to know if it is possible to snorkel off the beach there? Our travel agent said she had stayed there and you could, but I am now wondering if she said that to sell the holiday?!

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling

That is getting the view from many people makes you to be confortable with th decision that you will be making. Snorkelling at the royal zabzibar beach resort is so much possible.

Karibu saaan Zanzibar nad enjoy yourself.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling

I am staying there in March so will try to remember to report back on this for you. :)

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling

Royal Zanzibar Resort is in the North Coast..Nungwi Beach..Possible to swim but at low tides sometimes a little away unlike Kendwa Beach where at any tides low or high you can swim.

Berks
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling

I hope you can.

I'm going there in june.

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
219 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkelling

I wouldn't like to spoil it for you, but snorkeling from the shore in Zanzibar (or shululd I say) Unguja makes not much sense. Even if you are in the no-tides location (like Kendwa) – you will see nothing of interest below water but sand and some rocks.

I have done some amazing snorkeling in Zanzibar, but most of it was either from the boat or at some tiny islands around where we were taken on boat.

Faringdon, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkelling

Thanks for that, so looking forward to holiday!!!

Faringdon, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkelling

Anything to report on weather we will be able to snorkel from the beach at Royal Zanzibar?? Any other tips or hints?? Hope you had a great time Kiteflyer and the post from Australia.

Edited: 14 June 2013, 20:35
Berks
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkelling

Im here now. Looks like you can snorkel from the beach.

Axminster, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkelling

We are out there soon - does RZBR loan or hire out snorkel gear? Because of 'safari' weight limits, do not want to bring ours out or lug them around before we get to Zanzibar.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
62 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkelling

I am staying at Serena Hotel in Zanzibar. I assume we should charter a boat to go out snorkeling? Any suggestion on good operators?