We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visitor pass or visa with an Irish passport?

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
visitor pass or visa with an Irish passport?

Does anyone know if I need a visa, or something called a Visitor pass when travelling to Zanzibar on an Irish passport?

If it is a visitors pass can this be sorted before I leave? Or do I just pick it up at the airport, and how much does it cost?

I've already emailed the Irish embassy in Tanzania, and the Tanzanian embassy in the UK (as they cover Irelnad too), but i've had no response

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visitor pass or visa with an Irish passport?

I'm pulling this off a Tanzanian web site --->>> TYPES OF VISA AND COST : Tourist: £38 (single-entry); £45 (multiple-entry). Business: £50 (single-entry); £60 (multiple-entry). Cost of Tourist Visa depends on nationality of applicant. The above prices are for UK nationals; Irish nationals always pay £5.

You can get your visa at the airport passport control officers desk. They will have a special passport control desk for purchasing visas adn that's where you'll want to go. I'm going to make a guess that they'll ask for US dollars but not certain about that. I doubt that they will have change so make certain that you have exact amounts. It's absolutely no problem to purchase the visa at your entry point.

Also make certain that you have more then six months on the visa expiration date.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visitor pass or visa with an Irish passport?

Hi

you are one of the lucky few Irish citizens do not need a visa for Tanzania :-)

3. Re: visitor pass or visa with an Irish passport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 03:15