We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
14 posts
Save Topic
Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

Hi

I am looking for somewhere to stay that can accommodate us all in one unit/apartment. I have no idea which area is a nice place to stay. We are after a nice beach with hopefully snorkelling, pool, place to chill and relax after a safari along with some action for the young adults in our family. We will be in Zanzibar for 3 days in early September 2013. Thanks.

Mwanza
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

Hello,

Well most of the beach resorts are located in the north of the island. I think that's what may suit you better. Not too sure but try Hilton's Double tree perhaps or sea cliff. Again this is just to give you a start in your search.

Auckland Region...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

Thanks for your help.

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

Hello,

Zanzibar has a wide variety of Hotels, Guest Houses, Resorts and Lodges as well as a few private villas, which would be perfect for your group. Accommodation is scattered all round the coast, not just in the north. Without knowing more about you I wouldn't like to make any 'recommendations' from the hundreds of potential options. My advice is to contact an expert as well as using this forum.

I hope this helps. :)

Auckland Region...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

Thank you for your. There are 5 in our family ( 3 sons 18, 21 22) and my sister in law as well. Ideally we would like to stay together in one unit/villa. Our budget is fairly tight. The more I look into it, the resorts seem over our budget, so need to find somewhere - maybe more middle of the road - hopefully something recommended by someone on this forum. Cheers

nyc
Level Contributor
14,464 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

For specifics for a place to accommodate 6/pax under one roof, at budget prices, and maybe have to be self-catering... suggest you contact an expert on Zanzibar as Pure Zanzibar who replied above.

You can PM (Personal Message) by clicking on his/her screen name, scroll down left column where you'll see Send Message, click... and write your details/specifics.

Good luck!

Auckland Region...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

Thanks. I didn't know I could do that.

7. Re: Family of 6 looking for somewhere to stay in Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:17