We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used "Zanzibar Retreats" to book Zanzibar hotels?

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used "Zanzibar Retreats" to book Zanzibar hotels?

Hi - just wondering whether anyone has used South Africa based Zanzibar Retreats (http://zanzibar-retreats.com/) to book accommodation on Zanzibar? They seem really helpful and their prices are low, but was hoping to see a review or two before I part with my money and I can't find any except for on their website.

Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used "Zanzibar Retreats" to book Zanzibar hotels?

Use Tripadvisor to review the many types and styles of accommodation you are interested in and then why not just book direct with the hotel you are considering in rather than use an expensive South African middleman/reseller who will only add additional charges to your booking.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used "Zanzibar Retreats" to book Zanzibar hotels?

Hi - thanks for the reply. This company is cheaper than booking direct for the package we're after. I assume it's because they buy space in bulk, but just wanted to check it wasn't because they're dodgy!

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used "Zanzibar Retreats" to book Zanzibar hotels?

Whilst I couldn't comment on any other agent and their service, as a tour operator myself, you should expect that the cost of booking is the same or less as booking direct. Agents advertise and promote the properties they represent, not to mention offer a convenient booking process, financial security and objective advice when deciding where to book. In fact many properties prefer you contact a company like ourselves (or many of the others) as we help filter and streamline their booking process and the money that they pay to us is less than the cost of running a full office 24hrs a day in multiple countries and so on as we do the same for many properties. Ultimately if they didn't would the role of tour operator exist? Most small hoteliers just want to get on with looking after their guests and leave the boring stuff to people like us. That said, I would always advise doing a little homework on your agent (as you are doing) as you do hear of horror stories.

I hope this helps.

4. Re: Has anyone used "Zanzibar Retreats" to book Zanzibar hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Island