We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
athens
5 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

hello,does anyone have to recommend a nice quite beach to relax and enjoy the sun in zanzibar...we are two with a total budget of 40$-50$ per night....we are going to stay for some time,maybe for 14 nights....thank you!!!!

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

If you are looking for a laid back beach holiday in Zanzibar with only sun and relax... you may want to try Chwaka Bay Resort, recently renovated...in the Chwaka Bay

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

I stayed 4 nights at Kendwa Beach, at Kendwa Sunset Bungalows. Very reasonable, lovely beach.

athens
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

thank you guys for the fast replay....

4. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 12:17
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

I am going there in November and I will stay at Sun and Seaviews Bungalows which is very cheap and also got nice reviews here. Their original price for single is USD40...., but it's "negotiable" for low season. :)

athens
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

i will be there probably in the end of september until the mid of October with my wife (i think is not to high season) so i hope we will find a nice quite bungalow....i liked from photos and reviews Nungwi and Kendwa,we have about 15 days and thinking to go half and half...Thanks!!!!

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

I paid under $30 for the bungalow at Kendwa, it was a good deal. Everything is expensive in Zanzibar (as is all over Tanzania) and the quality is below average. Still, I found the bungalows to be OK for the money...

Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

Kendwa is more suitable for people who like clubbing and loud music.....I would prefer Uroa or Bwejuu

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

Really? There was no clubbing or loud music where I stayed. I heard a little music but that was from nearby "Kendwa Rocks" resort.

Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay in zanzibar(budget)

Hello, Maneki-neko....

Can you tell us which bungalow you stayed? Is there a low tide issue at Kendwa? Thank you so much.

By the way, do you feel "safe" when you stayed there? Did you go there by yourself?