We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours on Zanzibar

Bexhill-on-sea
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
tours on Zanzibar

can anyone recommend a good local tour company on Zanzibar we'll be visiting in late October and would like to take a few trips while we are there! Don't want to be ripped off with over priced opperators.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
307 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tours on Zanzibar

I can recommend you take a look at Zanzibar different tours.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tours on Zanzibar

Eco & Culture Tours

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tours on Zanzibar

take a visit in the google...check out zanzibar tours and you will details from there and will decide with who to go with as are many with different rates and deliveries.

Please do that.

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
219 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tours on Zanzibar

We used Eco and Culture Tours and were very satisfied - good communication beforehand, good communication on-site, everything on time and as promised, friendly guides, comfortable cars. One suggestions - shop around for the best price and ask them if they can match it. Their first offer was a bit to high.

Faringdon, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tours on Zanzibar

We used Marco Polo Tours, I think he has a website. Very reasonable.

Berlin
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tours on Zanzibar

Hi,

I suggest you check out Zanzibar Car Hire & Tours opposite the old post-office: trustworthy, charming and knowledgeable.Their rates are good. We went to Zanzibar several times and always relied on Sabry Juma's services. You will not be disappointed. www.zanzibarcarhire.com

Cheers,

Astrid

Edited: 05 September 2013, 22:37
7. Re: tours on Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 12:13
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tours on Zanzibar

My husband and I used Zanzibar Car Hire for island tours, taxi service to the airport, and a couple of days' car rental last August and Sept. We were very satisfied with all services, but specifically in regards to the tours -

The touring vehicle was new, had A/C, was spotless, arrived early, had a good driver, and the tour was quite good - in particular, our guide, Sabry, is not only a tour guide with extensive experience but also a photographer, so if you like , he can guide you on some great photo shoots. We got some amazing shots.

The same company also gave us tours of Prison Island, one of the spice villages (a highlight :)), and a walking tour of old Stonetown. The walking tour included historic sites, museums, lunch recommendations (time for lunch is included if appropriate in the schedule, but lunch itself is not included), and, because I specifically requested it, shopping recommendations - he even knew of a shop that carried loose tsavorite stones at an excellent price (something I had not found on the mainland), and where I could buy the Maasai sandals that I had admired during our safari, but had not been able to find to purchase.

We were very satisfied. Website is http://www.zanzibarcarhire.com/

Edited: 06 September 2013, 18:10
9. Re: tours on Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:17