We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving AND swimming/sunbathing/chilling

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Diving AND swimming/sunbathing/chilling

Hi

am going to Zanz mid October, and am looking for what would be the best place to stay. My friend wants to go diving, some more challenging dives, and I want to go swimming, sunbathing and just chill in a hammock. We're looking for a smaller B7B or guest house, like max 10 rooms. I would like to be close to a village as well. And recommendations? Thanks!

Anneke

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving AND swimming/sunbathing/chilling

I just came back last week and stayed at Unguja Lodge. I was with 2 friends- one just wanted to relax by the pool/on the beach and the other 2 of us wanted to dive (we are both Advanced Open Water divers). It was the perfect place for it- they have a dive centre on site. We were only there for 3 nights so only did 4 dives, and started with a couple of easy shallow ones and went down to nearly 30m on our third one.

I'm more of a safari girl myself so find it hard to get that excited about a beach place but both my friends loved it. The villas are huge with nice seating areas overlooking the ocean. The beach came and went with the tide, sometimes with the sea coming right up to the front of the property- which was actually the best time to go swimming.

The food was excellent, especially the seafood. Kizimkazi village is nearby and my friends did a village walk with one of the staff from the lodge who took them to his house to meet his family.

They also offer massages and the dive centre also does snorkelling trips, dolphin trips etc.

No hammocks though! Just sunloungers.

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving AND swimming/sunbathing/chilling

Per your style nungwi north coast will fit you better.Acommodation available from $ 50 to 400 per night. Nice white sandy beach, crystal clear waters, easy access to all water sports...near the village, active and live area..This is my kind advise.

Nairobi, Kenya
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving AND swimming/sunbathing/chilling

Thanks!

4. Re: Diving AND swimming/sunbathing/chilling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:19