We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uroa Advice

Bloemfontein, South...
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Uroa Advice

Good day. I’m going on my Honeymoon in the Uroa area next year. Are there any attractions and activities in the immediate area?

What is the cheapest and safest way to get around the Island?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Uroa
Uroa
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Bloemfontein, South...
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uroa Advice

Anyone?

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Uroa Advice

Hello,

The Uroa area is a fairly quiet section of the coast and there won't be much within walking distance. That said the whole island is reasonably accessible by car so you can do any of the trips you fancy as an organised tour. Your hotel should be able to help you book them. What sort of thing are you looking for? Popular trips are Dolphin Spotting, Safari Blue, Jozani Forest and Spice Tours.

I hope this helps an you enjoy your time in Zanzibar.

Mentioned in this post
Uroa
Uroa
The Safari Blue
The Safari Blue
1,361 Reviews
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Bloemfontein, South...
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uroa Advice

Thank you for the advise.

I will like to go to Jozani Forest, and explore the North. Is getting around expensive? And is transport reliable?

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Uroa Advice

Hello,

Car hire is possible and getting around is reasonably easy. Price vary so check out a few options, some are more 'official' than others. Generally though we recommend people use local taxi / driver which will be arrangeable through your hotel. Cost wise this is comparable to hiring a fully covered vehicle and the driver will have local knowledge, to help you see more of what you want, and will handle the other bits such as refueling, police check points etc.

I hope this helps.

Bloemfontein, South...
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uroa Advice

Thanks a lot!

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Uroa Advice

No problem. :)

7. Re: Uroa Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 04:18