We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doha
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Zanzibar in late January and looking for information on how I can get from the airport to Michamvi Peninsula without having to use the hotel taxi. I was told the hotel taxi would cost US$100!! So there is no way I am paying that much!

Can I come out of the airport and jump into a taxi? i.e. are there taxis waiting outside the airport and could someone give me a guide as to how much I should expect to pay to Michamvi.

Thanks!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

There are taxis outside the airport. That is quite a distance from the airport, so I would expect that you might need to pay $50 - $60 for a taxi there.

2. Re: Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 13:42
Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

As above. Although it doesn't look that far there are no direct routes and it will take a while. Fuel is disproportionately expensive on Zanzibar hence the prices.

Please remember the hotel driver will have been tried and tested as well as the vehicle. Cheapest isn't always best.

Athens, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

Hi we will travel to zanzibar michamvi as well in about a week. Is there a bus from airport to michamvi?or we will have to take a taxi ?

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

Taxi. Either get one out side the airport or as your agent to arrange one for you.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

Sorry to highjack the thread but I have a similar question about taxis to Nungwi. How much is the regular price from the airport? Upon arrival, could I just negotiate the price with the first in line - does that work? Or better reserve in advance, and if yes - how? Many thanks!

7. Re: Taxi From airport to Michamvi Peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 07:31