We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stonetown Hotel near antique shops & artisan shops

Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Stonetown Hotel near antique shops & artisan shops

My sister and I will be traveling to Zanzibar in August and would like to stay at a nice hotel in Stonetown that would be within walking distance to antique stores or artisan shops. We like to buy locally made crafts and love antique jewelry boxes.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Uganda
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stonetown Hotel near antique shops & artisan shops

Hi- Stone Town is small, so you can walk everywhere pretty easily. So, I'd just go for a hotel in Stone Town that you like- provided it's in the old town, you will be able to walk to the shops easily. There are a number of great ones reviewed on this site. Enjoy your shopping, it's great fun!

Alexandra Matts- Travel Director- Extraordinary Africa

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stonetown Hotel near antique shops & artisan shops

We had lunch at the Serena Hotel last week and it looked very, very nice. We did not stay there so I have no idea what they charge. The pool looked very inviting and it is right on the beach.

nyc
Level Contributor
15,090 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stonetown Hotel near antique shops & artisan shops

The Serena Hotel is rather expensive, but there are many choices at all budgets. So many have opened in the past few years. Most are within the old city and it's easy to walk about on your own (do get a map as it can be confusing as many streets not having names), or hire a guide to get you about. Then shop to your hearts content.

Sydenham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stonetown Hotel near antique shops & artisan shops

It is better you will stay at Maru maru Hotel behind the Old Fort , the hotel has surrounded by Antique and Local Handcrafts shops its just for you to walk out from your room for few steps to those shops

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Stonetown Hotel near antique shops & artisan shops

I would Recommend the Tembo hotel for you it is on the beach and has a very nice and clean beach and within stone town that is a walking distance to all the artique shops

6. Re: Stonetown Hotel near antique shops & artisan shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:18