We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar: Group holiday August 2014

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Zanzibar: Group holiday August 2014

Good morning all

We are planning to go on vacation as a group of friends to Zanzibar. We will be a mix of couples and singles and we are all around 28 years old. We are from South Africa, and we are thinking of going for about 7 nights. We would like to stay right on the beach - be able to snorkel and fish, swim and relax.

I am looking into the different options, and have a few questions:

- We are planning to go in August this year. Is this a good time?

- What part of the island is the best part to stay? And hwat type of accommodation would be best for us as a group? We are not looking for 5-star, we are more focussed onbeing right on the beach and just enjoying ourselves. Focussing more on budget than on 5 star.

- I was thinking that Full Board is the way to go - as then you have no worries about expenses while you are on holiday. But I've read a few opinions that this might not necessarily be bad to opt for Half Board? As long as drinks are included? We just want to avoid getting a huge bill at the end of our stay and having to worry about that the whole time we are there.

- Any recommendations for specific hotels/resorts/accommodation? Keeping in mind the halfboard, budget option?

Any other tips or recommendations are very welcome!

Thank you!

Marizanne

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Arusha
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zanzibar: Group holiday August 2014

Well for the accommodation I would suggest you read some reviews here on tripadvisor.

If you plan to stay 7 nights, then what about one or two nights in/near Stone Town and then the rest on the great beaches in the north of the island or on the east coast.

I would not go for fullboard, so that you can try different restaurants and cuisines in the area. Zanzibar has some great food to offer. About including the drinks I am not sure, it might depend on the accommodation.

Mentioned in this post
Stone Town
Stone Town
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
2. Re: Zanzibar: Group holiday August 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:18