We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day beach holiday after safari in February 2015

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
392 reviews
Save Topic
4 day beach holiday after safari in February 2015

Hello,

My spouse and I are planning to spend 3-4 days at a beach resort in February 2015 after safari and prior to making the long tip home to the frigid Canadian prairies.

We aren't into water sports, although we do enjoy boat rides if on offer. Our goal is to unwind and enjoy the sun, the beach, and good food and drink. The beach must have shade options (umbrellas or palapas, as one of us needs to "cover up".) Unless there is something really noteworthy to see in the vicinity, we plan to stay put and relax.

We've reviewed proposals from a number of operators and agents and have created a short list of 4 hotels.

I'd appreciate input from the folks here about these and how a resort measures up against others. Food, beach, service, rooms, etc.) All, with the exception of Hideaway, which I understand is the newbie and so not mentioned, get very good ratings from Bradt.

The list is :

Hideaway

Breezes beach Club and Spa

Diamonds La Gemma Dell"est

Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel

Am I correct in thinking Hideaway and Ras Nungwi are a little more rarefied?

Thanks so much.

zanzibar
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day beach holiday after safari in February 2015

hide away is good one also seacliff beach resort,royal Zanzibar,zalu beach resort

liz,znz

2. Re: 4 day beach holiday after safari in February 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 15:05
Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
992 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 day beach holiday after safari in February 2015

GM, you are not allowed to promote your own business on TripAdvisor forums. If you cannot follow simple forum rules, what can people expect from your hotels?

Zanzibar Island...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 day beach holiday after safari in February 2015

Apologies to the whole Forum! I will be factual or silent. I wish you all exciting travels!

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 day beach holiday after safari in February 2015

Hello,

Having stayed at all of the properties you mention I think it is worth pointing out there are some differences between these properties...

Both Ras Nungwi and Breezes are Half Board. Ras Nungwi is more intimate and personal than Breezes, however arguably Breezes has the better beach.

The Hideaway and La Gemma are both All Inclusive and larger resort style properties. La Gemma is the more established of the two and a good safe option for this type of property. The Hideaway is newer and has had some issues however we are now getting very positive feedback on this property from all our more recent guests. Both are on a par beach wise.

I think you should decide if you are looking for All Inclusive or if you would prefer Half Board and then decide on the size of the property as this can have a big impact on your in resort experience.

I hope this helps and please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.

6. Re: 4 day beach holiday after safari in February 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:27