We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winds in June

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Winds in June

Hi,

We're looking to relax on the beach from June 6th to 12th. I've read that the winds can be strong at this time. Which parts of the island would be most affected or most protected?

It's easy to find rainfall and temperature charts but I think wind is often overlooked on a beach holiday!

Thanks for any help.

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Winds in June

Sadly it is hard to predict the weather.... however, outside of April and May I doubt the weather will cause you any concerns. If you wish to do your own research look up the various Kiteboarding sites...

Sun, wind and wave are best January/February and July/August but conditions are often good from December – March and June – September. Wind blows left to right for the first season´s trade winds and switches the second season.

.... also many of the properties are designed to utilize the wind to keep the rooms cool reducing the reliance on AC, hence the high cone like structures. This technique has been used for centuries and saves modern hoteliers money, thus most properties have considered the wind before building.

I hope this helps and you enjoy Zanzibar. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winds in June

Thanks for the info

Am I right in saying June is in the second season, so winds will be east to west?

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winds in June

This site has lots of wind information

surf-forecast.com/breaks/Zanzibar-1/reliabil…

Cheers

4. Re: Winds in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:28