We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Planning for Zanzibar in November. Please help.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
125 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Planning for Zanzibar in November. Please help.

I need a little help, please. In November, I will be traveling from the US to Zanzibar, from Zanzibar to Dar, from Dar to Istanbul and then back to the US. I'm approaching the planning of this trip in pieces. Right now I'm working on the Zanzibar portion.

Here are some of the things/sights I'd like to put in my itinerary:

Beaches, of course

Spice Tour

Chumbe Island/

Slave sights

Mrembo spa

Mnara mosque

Full moon party

Safari Blue (or a suitable substitute)

Ruins

If there's time, Paje or Jambiani?

Is also like a local guide to take me on a half-day tour of Stone Town. And not as part of a group.

I will be on the island for 6-7 days and I'll be staying in Stone Town and, I think, Kendwa, as well. If you've been please help. What MUST I see? What beaches shouldn't I miss? Day trip to Chumbe or Fumba or both?

I'll take any and all suggestions, no matter how much they may fall off-the-beaten-path. I'm a traveler, not a tourist. I'm looking for the most authentic experience possible. Thank you! ~ Danielle

21. Re: Itinerary Planning for Zanzibar in November. Please help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 15:35
22. Re: Itinerary Planning for Zanzibar in November. Please help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:15