We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some clarification please

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Need some clarification please

We are a family of five, ages of children are 15,17,20 years.

We are travelling to Zanzibar at the end of June for five nights.

My husband and son very much want to scuba dive.

My daughters and I are looking forward to seeing beautiful beaches and snorkelling.

My research tells me to stay on the North East Coast.

We definitely do not want a busy beach with Hawkers like Bali!

And we wouLd like dining options, not to be remote and therefore have to eat where we stay.

We are looking for mid range accommodation. We were considering Sunshine Hotel...but not sure if the location meets are needs. Should we be looking accommodation around Mnemba?

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks so much.

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
21,798 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some clarification please

Hello. Matemwe is really beautiful and very quiet. I think it's the best place to do snorkeling at Mnemba (private island) which is just in front. Great choice! I really loved Matemwe :-)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some clarification please

Thanks for your reply, that's good to know. You also replied with info on the cost of food and drink...would we be able to get fresh fish and salad as you mentioned in the Mnemba area or is it too quiet there and we would have to eat at our hotel?

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
21,798 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some clarification please

You are wellcome. Depending on the answer I gave you on another topic, you have to evaluate if it is more convenient to use the hotel's restaurant. For your information, these are the restaurants that are located in Matemwe; there are reviews and photos. You can also read my review of this restaurant tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g616017-d3194…

4. Re: Need some clarification please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 06:16