We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landing at zanzibar at midnight

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
E D
Nairobi, Kenya
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Landing at zanzibar at midnight

Hey forum -

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Zanzibar at the end of July. Our flight would be landing from at 11:45 pm. Is it safe to be landing that late and then traveling to a hotel on Uroa Beach?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
21,861 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Landing at zanzibar at midnight

Hello ED. Have you already booked a transfer with your hotel? Otherwise you can take a taxi. There is nothing to worry about. The route from the airport to Uroa lasts about an hour.

TUCSON
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Landing at zanzibar at midnight

Hello,

I have some concerns about the same topic. We get in late at night, and we also leave at 3 a.m. Should we go ahead and book our room for an extra night? Or would we be able to go to the Airport early and hang around until our flight leaves?

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
21,861 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Landing at zanzibar at midnight

Hello. Given that it is best to arrive at the airport at least two hours before departure, it makes no sense to pay an extra night. At any point on the island you are, you can make arrangements in advance with a taxi that will pick at any time that you decide.

4. Re: Landing at zanzibar at midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16