We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to do trips from

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to do trips from

Hi,

My soon-to-be husband and I will be staying on Zanzibar for 1 week in early October - first 5 nights in Pongwe and then last 2 nights in Stone Town.

I want to do a number of things while we are there - but most of them are Stone Town based or close by - and we don't have enough time there to do them all so I'm wondering if it would be possible to do a few of the activities from our Pongwe location.

The activities are:

Safari Blue day trip - could this be done from Pongwe, perhaps a private driver? Any idea of time/cost of that?

Lunch at The Rock restaurant - same questions as above.

Spice Tour - think we can do this on our way between Pongwe and Stone Town

Mtoni Palace Ruins dinner and tour

Fodrani night market

Special dinner at a nice restaurant for our last night on the island (Stone Town) - any suggestions?

Any advice about the above would be great!!

Thanks, Sarah

Luxury Short Safari
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
Sima Safari Limited
Day Trips, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, Safaris
Super Safari
Private Tours, Safaris
Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
25,266 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to do trips from

Hello Sarah. I think your program is well structured.

To make the Safari blue, you have to reach the parallel of the island, the bay of Menay. To reach it you will spend about 1 hour. You should arrange with some beach boys who will organize the tour at the price of about 70$.

To get to the restaurant The Rock, you will spend up to 40 minutes; the cost of the taxi is obviously to haggle but I think 25-30$ at most, are sufficient.

I confirm that you can do the spice tour, while you are moving to Ston Town.

In the city you will have two days and then enough time to do everything you want. Do not miss an aperitif on the terrace of the African House while watching the sunset.

Edited: 12 June 2014, 14:11
2. Re: Where to do trips from

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 17:33
3. Re: Where to do trips from

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2016, 07:16