We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

1ua
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

At first my plan was to stay in Etretat from June 11-12 till 14, but all the hotels are completely booked on 12th/13th night. That's why I decided to stay this night in the city close to Etretat that's worth to see, and go to Etretat the next day.

Would you kindly give me recommendations? Honfleur? Le Havre? Anything else?

Many thanks in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
28,536 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

Seems to be a lot to see in Fecamp, which is just up the coast.

Le Havre is nearer than Honfleur, so I would stay there.

Le Havre is a UNESCO World Heritage site because of all the amazing Auguste Perret Post War Concrete Architecture.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

Just a few kilometers up the coast from Etretat is Fécamp, a nice town with a wonderful abbey. Here is a link to their tourist office website.

http://www.fecamptourisme.com/

Finding a hotel in Etretat, Honfleur, Le Havre or Fécamp in the next few days may not be easy since it is high season now and you are booking last minute. You can always call a tourist office and ask for assistance in finding a place to stay. They provide this service for free.

Edited to say looks like EssexWanderer beat me to suggesting Fécamp.

Edited: 08 June 2011, 18:33
Essex
Level Contributor
28,536 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

Ah, but I have never actually been there F_M - I suspect you have though. I had a look on Viamichelin to see what else was near, and then clicked the tourism tab to see which place brought up the most green dots!!

Liked the website you posted, looks just like 'your' sort of place - perfect for pedal-power!! Think I might have to noodle down that bit of the French Coast on my trip this year, spend some time in Le Havre and then head out on the iron horse to 'who knows where!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

I've only passed through and didn't stop to stroll around but it seemed pleasant enough. I have spent a little time wandering around the country roads nearby and it certainly is my kind of area. Lots of beautiful countryside, charming villages and no people anywhere!

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

1ua, I hope you have found somewhere for the 12th. It's a holiday in France on the 13th which is why you are probably struggling. Fecamp is a nice seaside town with a good fisherman's museum and of course the Palais Benedictine. This is a fantastic house with several great collections, wonderful stained glass windows, the story of how the liqueur Benedictine is made and best of all a tasting of the great stuff at the end!

1ua
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

Thanks a lot to everybody for your suggestions!!!! I stayed in Le Havre because I was manage to leave Paris only in the evening.

Now we are on the way to Mont Saint Michel.

Would you recommend to visit national park Normandie-Maine (if I am correct in spelling) afterwards?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit

my friend, cause i m going to visit etretat, have u done your trip? how can i reach there from paris by train?

Reply to: Looking for nice place near Etretat to visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Etretat
More Etretat Topics