We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delfini Hotel

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Delfini Hotel

Hi, I can't seem to find the rate and availability for this hotel (have tried Orbitz.com, Expedia.com and copule of other sites). Is there a website for this hotel or a phone number?

Thanks so much!!!!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Delfini Hotel

Sorry to tag along to this one.

I see on Delfini's website (actually they appear have two websites?... www.delfini.gr and www.delfinivillas.com - unless I am missing something obvious, these look to be of the same place...)

Anyways, I read that getting a cave house is better than getting one of the regular/apartment rooms.

One the delfinivillas.com website - under the rates - they list:

Cave houses:

- with double sea view for 110 Euros (low season)

- with triple sea view for 120 Euros

Studio:

- with double sea view for 80 Euros

Honeymoon Cave House Suite

- with double sea view for 140 Euros

- with triple sea view for 155 Euros

I am assuming the studio is a small one roomer?... and it is probably worth spending the extra money to get a cave house?

And I read that the Honeymoon suite has a jacuzzi on the balcony.

Is it worth 30-40 Euros more a night?

I also am guessing that the only difference between a "double" view and a "triple" view is one more window in the room?

Do these cave houses all have private balconies?

I am not sure what to do - there are so many places to pick from.

We are travelling with a 6 month old baby - so I don't really want to be on top of anyone (next room, etc.) if we have the odd crying fit with our baby.

I was leaning towards the Aris Caves - but now the Delfini is getting rave reviews.....

ahhhhhh

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Denny

San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Delfini Hotel

Hi brotherleelove,

Thanks so much! :)

Has anyone heard of Aris Caves? It's a little more affordable than Delfini and has good reviews.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Delfini Hotel

Hi Denny,

According to an earlier posting from mntoathens, I would pick the honeymoon suite in a heart beat. The reason I am leaning more toward Aris Caves is because the price (I am traveling in September which is the high season).

Hope that helps!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Delfini Hotel

Hey, Denny:

Yes, the Web site thing is a bit screwy but it's the same place.

The cave house is much nicer than the studio. I think you're right, that the studio isn't much more than a room, and has no kitchen.

As for double vs. triple, I believe that refers to the number the dwelling accomodates -- not the number of windows. The cave houses are built into the earth, which means the only sea view is out the front off the verands.

Yes, all cave houses have a private veranda.

And as for the child, you should have no problem if you choose a cave house. They are not stacked on top of each other. They are staggered in how they come together, so you have the utmost quiet and privacy.

What Delfini doesn't have is a pool or any type of common area, like a bar or lounge.

The decor is very nice and the balconies are very big, and the view is very good and unobstructed.

As for the jacuzzi ... well, that all depends on how much one is worth to you. But keep in mind, because of the placement on the balcony (to the back, against the wall of the cavehouse), you don't have the same view of the sea and caldera than if you were sitting in a chair at the table. When we sat in the jacuzzi, we couldn't see the sea at all -- were were sunk down in the jacuzzi, and the veranda wall obstructs the view. But you can see the stars.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,220 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Delfini Hotel

Dennysausage-

I don't know how anyone can tell you "if it's worth it" or not, that's totally up to your expectations and your budget. If you want something larger than a studio 'one-roomer' you'll have to spend the extra money. If you think the jacuzzi on your balcony is something you'd enjoy and you can afford it, then yes, it's worth it.

'Double view' or 'triple view 'does not refer to how many windows there are........it refers to how many people will be occupying the accomodation.

Opusland-The Aris Caves look pretty good but be advised that some of the units don't have a very good view, you'd have to use the common terrace for that. Also, the view is partially blocked on the right by an outcropping in the topography. Delfini's view is slightly better.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Delfini Hotel

Hi brotherleelove,

Do you know if the price, Delfini or Aris Caves, includes breakfast in the morning?

Thanks!!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,220 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Delfini Hotel

At the bottom of the "Rates" page for Delfini it says that breakfast is 8 Euro extra "per person-only at the rooms."

http://www.delfini.gr/rates.htm

Because breakfast isn't mentioned on the Aris Caves website I have to assume it's not included.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
224 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Delfini Hotel

mntoathens and brotherleelove.

thank you so much for your comments.

i have been a little slow to reply, as I try to read all of the continuously updating posts on Santorini. Brotherleelove, you are a wealth of knowledge. I have been making notes upon notes of what to see, where to eat, etc.

I still have not decided on where to stay - and I will be there in 3 weeks. Part of my problem is my trip is going to be last minute, so I can't book the hotel yet.

I am leaning towards one of the cave houses at Delfini.

And if that is booked, I will likely try Aris Caves.

If both are full... I have no idea.

There are too many to choose from.

But thank you again for your assistance, it is almost like I know where I am going before even stepping foot there. I am sure I will have more questions in the next few weeks!

Denny

19. Re: Delfini Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 14:23