We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alta Mare, Oia

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alta Mare, Oia

Has anyone stayed here?

I really wanted to booked the residence suites, but they have not been responsive so i might have to do a back up plan. I'm going to try contacting them again tomorrow.

How's alta mare? Any other suggestions? For Residence i was going to book the honeymoon suite for 265 EU.

Thanks!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alta Mare, Oia

The honeymoon suite of The Residence is very nice. I inspected it just before it opened for the first time and was very impressed.

The Alta Mare can't compare to The Residence. It's in a different category, more of a middle-of-the-road bare-bones hotel situation. It's clean and attractive, but without any frills or a sense of exclusivity.

I know from talking to the owner of Ecorama Holidays and to other posters who have not received a response to their inquiries that sometimes computer email programs will block emails from Ecorama identifying them as "spam." Perhaps this happened in your situation. You might want to try changing your email spam-blocker settings or put them on your preferred list. There are two email addresses you can try:

ecorama@otenet.gr

info@ecorama.gr

Also, try the telephone if you can't get through by email, or try booking through one of the websites that offer booking for The Residence such as www.dilos.com, www.hotelrates.com, www.hotel-d.com, santonet.gr/hotels/residence-suites/hotel.php

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alta Mare, Oia

Thanks brotherleelove for the insight.

I just got off the phone with ecorama but they're closed. I shall be calling them again tomorrow. I hope they still have a vacancy!

*cross fingers*

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alta Mare, Oia

Good Luck! If you speak to Celeste or Alex tell them Lee Marks says hello.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Alta Mare, Oia

Brotherleelove,

thanks so much for all your help throughout this booking processes. I've finally booked my final hotel, The Residence!

I called them up and made sure they email me and from then on everything was fine. Luckily the room's still available too, if not i would be in such a headache now.

I'm so looking forward to our Greece honeymoon!

5. Re: Alta Mare, Oia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Oia
Recent Conversations