We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

My husband and I are preparing for our trip to Greece, and when booking Santorini accomodations, much of the ones highly recommended on TA were already taken. The host from Agis Caves (Christa) recommended their neighbor, Aegeas Houses. Has anyone stayed here or have any info? We're hoping for a nice view and a local feel (not too touristy). Thanks for any info!

Queen Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

Hi! I ran into the same recommendation from Christa @ Aris Caves, when she was booked up for the dates we were traveling to Oia. I couldn't find any reviews on Aegeas Houses, but a couple of people said that it was a lovely place to stay, so we booked it. We're going May 18th and when we return, I will post a review and some pictures. I don't know if this will be before or after your trip, but hopefully it will help. I can say that the people at Aegeas Houses have been wonderful so far, in all my communications with them. I don't know if you've been to their website or not: http://aegeashouses.com/

Happy travels

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

the aegeas houses has good location on cliff,inside the oia village, is exacly in oia square, in church ''platsani''.

Moscow
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

Hi, have you written the review about your stay in Aegeas Houses in May? If no (cause i can't find it here) may be you will tell few word about this hotel? How is it inside? the view? thanks in advance

altlanta GA
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

I am planning to stay here next week - Christa from Agis caves sent me there too. I have been emailing Yiannis at Aegeas and he has been very nice and helpful, so I am hoping for the best!

Washington, DC
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

I posted a review of Aegeas Houses after staying here in June. It should be on the hotel review section of Oia. I've copied it below. I have photos on the review as well, with pics of the view, bathroom, etc.

Amazing view and wonderful host!”

Aegeas Houses

beth76ny 5 contributions

Washington, DC

Jun 21, 2009 | Trip type: Couples

My husband and I stayed in Aegeas Houses for 5 nights at the end of May. Yiannis was our very accomodating host, and he was wonderful to chat with and provided lots of helpful info on the area. We stayed in house 2, and for 4 of the 5 days were his only guests, so we had the entire patio overlooking the caldera to ourselves. The apartment was on the small side, but was fine for the two of us. We had a hard time with the shower (the bathroom is tiny!), especially my husband who is pretty tall. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the patio, had breakfast there each morning, and enjoyed some wine with snacks in the evening. I would highly recommend Aegeas Houses for a lovely stay in Oia!

My ratings for this hotel

Value Rooms Location Cleanliness Service

Date of stay May 2009

Visit was for Leisure

Traveled with With Spouse/Partner

Age group 25_34

Member since June 01, 2008

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend? Yes

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

altlanta GA
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

Hey, I am following up on an earlier post where I said I was going to Aegeas Traditional Houses. I was in Greece for almost two weeks and had three days at Aegeas when I was in Santorini.

Aegeas is the BEST. I loved it. Yiannis is the nicest person alive and was so sweet and helpful. When I got there all the rooms were empty so he told me I could have my choice. I picked the front room (House 2) which was beautiful, light and airy, and very cozy at night. Yiannis even arranged a massage for me thru a friend of his that is a massage therapist - she came to the room, set everything up and did a one hour massage. All I had to do was be there.

I loved Aegeas and would totally go back. In fact Yiannis is lucky I left at all!

7. Re: Aegeas Traditional Houses- has anyone stayed here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 07:16