We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cooking class

Ohio
Level Contributor
246 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
cooking class

Looking for a one day cooking class for me and my two daughters 15 and 21--Selene has one, but it offers lamb and one of my daughters doesn't like lamb. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Beaumont, Texas USA
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cooking class

If you don't find something else, don't rule out the one you've mentioned unless your daughter has actually eaten lamb in Greece before and not enjoyed it. The fresh ingredients and tasty herbs used in cooking Greek-style have changed the opinions of many on eating lamb. Unless she's got a problem with meat of any kind, ask her to keep an open mind about this!

Happy cooking!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Santorini
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cooking class

There is another cooking lesson offered in Exo Gonia, by the owner of Nikteri restaurant.

His name is Vassilis Zacharakis. the lessons are at his new restaurant which i think is called akropoli, i read a big article on it the other day.

Unfortunately i cant seem to find the info online and left the article at home so will have to get back to you on contact details.

However, maybe try emailing nichteri@nichteri.gr for information.

Ohio
Level Contributor
246 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cooking class

Thanks. That sounds great. My one daughter really doesn't like lamb no matter how it is prepared. She has tried it many times. I really think they would like a cooking class and I thought Santorini would be a good place to do this. This will be our last stop for the r and r portion of the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cooking class

Contact Selene and ask if a substitution is possible.

Santorini
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cooking class

I agree with BLL about contacting Selene but just in case a substitution is not possible, i found the information on Vasilis Zaharakis cooking lessons.

According to Santorini Island Guide (new edition) its begins at winery Ktima Argyros at 10:30am where there is wine tasting, then you go to Perivoli restaurant (i got the name wrong in my previous post) and attend the cooking lesson, after which you enjoy the meal you have all prepared. If you dont want to go to the winery, you can just do the cooking lesson.

It only gives a mobile phone for contact which you would dial as 0030 697 763 5027 from outside Greece.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cooking class

Who tells you that a substitution is not possible in Selene? I did the cooking class last year in July. We were 6 people and 2 of them were vegetarians . They showed all of us how to prepare the lamb but of course they offered the vegetarians a substitute.

It was a great experience which I highly can recommend to everybody!

Santorini
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cooking class

nobody told me it wasnt, i just said "IF" its not possible.

Kamari, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: cooking class

Thank you for your comment . Though the name of the restaurant is Perivoli.

(www.perivoli-restaurant.gr)

9. Re: cooking class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 05:18