We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IIkes walk to town

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
IIkes walk to town

I will be traveling with my two daughters and would like to stay in Oia. They are 15 and 20. No rental car. Is it possible to stay here and walk to and from town for dinner, etc. Or is there somewhere comparable on the pedestrian walkway? Looking for two bedrooms, and great pool. Thanks.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,246 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: IIkes walk to town

The walk from Ikies to Oia does require spending some time (about 10 minutes) on the main road (no sidewalks) where traffic can get heavy. The rest of the way into the village (10 more minutes to the main square) would be on the pedestrian-only walkway.

Others of varying price/quality with comparable amenities along the walkway are Katikies Villas, Katikies Hotel, Andronis Suites, Nostos Apartments, Kima Villas, La Perla Villas, Atrina Houses, Filotera Villas, Delfini Hotel, Alta Mare, Lauda Hotel, Esperas Houses and Lampetia Villas. Two with the public access pool practically next door are Golden Sunset Villas and Marizan Villas.

Edited: 11 July 2010, 19:03
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IIkes walk to town

Hey and welcome travelmom28:-) Would you by any chance be referrring to 'Ikies'?! If so..and regardless, the village is small..you can walk from one end to the other in about 20 min so nothing is 'too far' from anything else;-) Enjoy!

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IIkes walk to town

I did mean Ikies. Thanks. They really liked this property on trip advisor. I want to be safe on the walk. The boys are going to Ireland, so we will be on our own. This will be our last stop, Athens, then Crete to hike, Santorini for the r and r. I want it to be their wow factor. We are going to take a cooking class and just relax here for four days. Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IIkes walk to town

Hey again..and don't think you'll be disappointed w/Ikies..have stayed there on 3 seperate occassions;-)) Beautiful property..phenominal views...wonderful staff..just note that the pool is on the 'small' side..but most are here! It's in a great locale at the end of Town so it blissfully quiet at night and perfect for r & r! Which 'room/suite' are you considering?! Keep enjoyin'!

Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IIkes walk to town

We were thinking of the antiquarian. It has two bedrooms and a beautiful jacuzzi on the terrace. Your thoughts?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IIkes walk to town

Sounds great..it's got that HUGE terrace..but bottom line, don't think you'd go wrong w/anything here! I've stayed at Sailor's (solo), Boatman's and Carpenter's...loved 'em and enjoyed them all!

7. Re: IIkes walk to town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2011, 07:17