We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delfini information, please

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
382 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Delfini information, please

Hi,

We are looking for a lovely room with a view in Oia. Have looked at Atrina Traditional Houses, which look beautiful, but it's rather pricy. Just read about Delfini. Looks like they offer variety of room types for more reasonable prices.

Any recommendations on either spot?

If the Delfini, which area of the hotel would you recommend?

Thank you for your advice.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delfini information, please

If it's in your budget the Delfini Cavehouse Suite is a good bargain for the money. Also in the same area of Oia, right next to Delfini, in fact, is Filotera Villas.

Edited: 07 September 2010, 02:33
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delfini information, please

I can recommend the cavehouse area, where I stayed (specifically the cavehouse suite, as mentioned by Lee). When I was there they had no pool area in that area, but they have one now from what I have read on this board -- so that's a big plus.

Beautiful views, nicely decorated and outfitted and wonderful service from either Rena or Sima.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
382 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delfini information, please

Thanks, would you recommend a particular room area at the Delfini? How are their traditional hotel rooms? I see they are considerably less $, but is the view equal? Thank you.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
382 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delfini information, please

Hi Brother Lee,

You are amazing!! Please tell me about the Filotera Villas and their location. Are they near Atrina? Would you recommend the Filotera Villa area? Looks lovely! Thanks so very much!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delfini information, please

Filoterra is right next door to the offices of Delfini and its famous boat.

I'm sorry but I have no experience with the traditional apartments or any other accomidation at Delfini other than the cavehouse suite

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delfini information, please

Atrina is on one side of the Delfini Hotel and Filotera Villas is on the other side. I do recommend the area.

Filotera Villas is an excellent value for the money spent. Another excellent value is even closer in towards the center of the village, the Lauda Hotel. It has one of the best swimming pools in the village. The rooms are basic but clean. It's necessary to call them for pricing and bookings.

Edited: 07 September 2010, 15:49
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Delfini information, please

I highly suggest Filotera, I am bias because that is where I spent my honeymoon. check out my review here along with some photos;

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g482941-d630…

Cincy

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
107 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delfini information, please

I spent 6 days at Filotera last week for second honeymoon/10th wedding anniversary... and we loved it. Highly recommend.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
382 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delfini information, please

Thanks, all. Filotera Villas look perfect for our needs!

10. Re: Delfini information, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 07:35
Get answers to your questions about Oia