We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

high speed ferries Santorini to Athens

boston
5 posts
Save Topic
high speed ferries Santorini to Athens

Is it better to take a high speed ferry from santorini to athens or does it make more sense to take a flight?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,444 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: high speed ferries Santorini to Athens

Depends, The hi-speed catamarans only seem to go in the summer roughly June-September. To get a flight seat you are probably going to have to prebook, this is generally not necessary with ferries. Either way leave yourself a 'backup ferry' particularly if you have to get a connecting flight from Athens.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: high speed ferries Santorini to Athens

well...plane ticket has double price..the flight is about one hour and the high spedd make 6 hours...for me plane is better for one reason..faster and comfortable...high speeds are not relly comfortable for me...the only reason i can accept is that you enjoy the travel on the sea..and you can take many photos of the islands and the aproaching ports...you can see also dolphins playing next to a ferry...but did i say it..yes...ferry ...not high speed.....ferry makes 8 hours ....but you enjoy it and you can go out of the main ship lobby and enjoy the sea views...on the other hand you can do that in a little space on the high spped where are overcroweded from the smokers....so if you can afford the price of flight and you have to decide bettwen plane and highpeed take plane..and return with ferry....and the best for me ferries are blue star...dont make the mistake to take an other company cause others ferries make 10 hours and are old....www.bluestarferries.gr

for ferries www.dolphins.gr for highspeed

and the two airliners

www.aegeanairlines.gr

www.olympicairlines.com

Get answers to your questions about Oia