We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best hotel? so many great options...

San Diego...
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best hotel? so many great options...

Looking at a number of hotels in Oia and confused as to what is the best option. All appear to have great views, pools etc. Any suggestions on the following would be so very much appreciated:

CARPE DIEM

Santorini caselli

CANAVES OAI SUITES-l

KIRINI

MYSTIQUE

PERIVOLAS

TSITOURAS COLLECTION.

VEDEMA

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

dear

first oia yes is the best village in island

some of your hotels choise isnot in oia

like Vedema and carpe diem

tsitouras is good choise but isin imerovigli

in oia I propose you Perivolas-kirini-ikies-adronis

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,295 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

Of those hotels on your list that are actually in Oia I think Perivolas and Kirini are the best overall for privacy, view and service.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
350 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

If it's to stay in Oia I do vote for Perivolas too, if you don't stay in Oia then Mystique is another one.

CRETE
Level Contributor
301 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

The best hotel in Oia is Perivolas

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

Welcome SanDiegotoEurope:-) I think it would certainly help you decide by reading some of the reviews here..lots of photos too;-) Just plug in the property name up in the search box here..top, left hand side of this page! FWIW, www.ikies.gr/ is ranked #1 in Oia;-) Happy planning..and EnjOY!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
209 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

I think you could not go wrong with Perivolas or Kirini. Mystique is also located in Ia but I have heard mixed reviews from friends who have been there (it is a Starwood affiliated hotel). Having said that, I usually stay at Ikies and will be returning there at the end of August for my third time.

I think it really comes down to the amenities. I believe Perivolas, Kirini and Mystique have restaurants on site, have 24 hour lobbies, and nice pools. I prefer the privacy of Ikies with its 10 or so rooms and the personal attention you get from the staff, but the pool is not the size of the others and there is no restaurant on site (although there is great room service for breakfast/lunch).

I know we probably did not help in making the final decision but I think you would be happy with any of those listed.

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

As I look out over the Caldera from my balcony I can readily suggest Fanari Villas. I have stayed at Mystique and I prefer this property by a wide margin.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

We are staying at Filotera Villas right which us fantastic with the same great Caldera View and privacy as many of the others mentioned but much less costly. If we were going to splurge however, we would choose Canaves Oia Suites based on what we have observed while here. One thing I have learned though, all the agonizing we did over where to stay was unnecessary. All seem to have stunning views and lovely rooms.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

We are staying at Filotera Villas right which us fantastic with the same great Caldera View and privacy as many of the others mentioned but much less costly. If we were going to splurge however, we would choose Canaves Oia Suites based on what we have observed while here. One thing I have learned though, all the agonizing we did over where to stay was unnecessary. All seem to have stunning views and lovely rooms.

10. Re: What is the best hotel? so many great options...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Oia
Recent Conversations