We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

Pori
2 posts
Save Topic
A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

Hi everybody,

I'm going to Santorini with my boyfriend in July, and we're hoping to find a nice and tidy hotel, perhaps in Kamari...?

I already booked the flights from a travel agency. But I thought I'll try to find "not so expensive"-hotel myself...

I've heard lots of good things about Kamari. Also heard that Hotel Argo is good, but as I tried to book a room, I got a message that it's full (10/7-17/7/2011).

I love, love, love luxury, but hey, who wouldn't? :)

So as long as we can have a good night sleep in a clean and comfy room and it's near central Kamari, we very would be happy!

I would be really thankful if someone could help me... :)

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Wirral
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

Hi there,

I can recommend Chez Sophie, this is a small modern hotel, see TA reports. Tina the owner is a wonderful, wonderful host who will make your stay one to remember..............

Pete..........

Wirral
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

Hi there,

I can recommend Chez Sophie, this is a small modern hotel, see TA reports. Tina the owner is a wonderful, wonderful host who will make your stay one to remember..............

Pete..........

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

Santellini, superb

Basingstoke, UK
Level Contributor
150 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

we are staying at the Hotel 28, all the reviews are fantastic and it seems to be couple orientated. I have exchanged emails with the owners and they are so lovely!! You also get to use the private beach of thier sister hotel for free.

Sarahx

Manchester, uk
Level Contributor
421 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

I recommend Acqua Vatos. Great hotel, large pool, central, clean & great service.

It has also just been renovated so all new.

Pori
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

Thank you all for your answers and tips! :)

But we already found a hotel, it's Horizon Resort, and it was quite cheap. Owner seems very nice and hotel has many good rewiews here in Trip Advisor and also at Booking.com. Many people said it was good and atmosphere wonderful!

So fingers crossed... ;)

Have a great summer everybody! Take care! :)

-Johanna

Mentioned in this post
Horizon Resort
Horizon Resort
299 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
england
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

hi am sure you will have a great time i loved kamari plenty of great places to eat and drink.have a great holiday.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

Good value hotels may be all booked up by now, esp. for July. What price range are you looking at? Keep in mind that some may cost more but may have a very good breaksfest included.

Kent
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

When we stayed in Santorini we stayed at the Maria Preka, it was run by a very friendly couple how kept the place immaculate. The pool area was very clean and tidy too, although you were asked not to eat by the pool, but it wasnt a problem because the apartments weren`t far from the pool area.

We took our teenage son with us but he was the only child for two weeks!!

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A good hotel in Kamari, Santorini...?

sea Breeze is not bad...sea front...cheap....30-40 euro a night in september....I stayed there for extra few nights just cos' our flight company closing down .....we needed to buy a new ticket.....so have to find some where cheap.....