We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused on what town in santorini to stay

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Confused on what town in santorini to stay

I will be on my Honeymoon in July and I want to stay at a hotel with a great view of the volcano and sea. What town and Hotel should I stay in?

Belleville, IL
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused on what town in santorini to stay

grat22,

Hi, I going to Greece for the first time in June but I was asking the same question as you. After much research and consideration I've decided to stay in Imerovigli. It is between Fira and Oia, with a bus that goes to both. Fira is suppose to be a short walk. My travel agency recommended we stay at Astra apartments. Hopefully we will be happy with our decision. Good Luck. Emptynester

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused on what town in santorini to stay

two locations are the best to stay on the island...oia town and imerovigli...both towns have great views and the best resorts

see these ideas

www.katikies.gr

www.iliovasilema.gr

www.anastasisapartments.com

www.vipsuites.gr (economy)

www.sunrocks.gr

www.astra.g

3. Re: Confused on what town in santorini to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2006, 03:13
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
92 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused on what town in santorini to stay

Would you suggest the VIP Suites hotel for families? We have a 4 year old and a 7 year old.

Dallas, TX
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused on what town in santorini to stay

I could write a book about this. Please SAVE yourself time and listen to my advice. I seriously made it my full time job to research this for our honeymoon. I wanted the best! I wanted Paradise!

Without a doubt STAY IN OIA!! Don't listen to anyone tell you otherwise. I've been to Santorini several times.

Stay at The Sea Captain's House: see the reviews on TripAdvisor or stay at one of the famous hotels:

Katiekes

The Fanari Villas (we stayed here too it was awesome)

You'll see the famous hotels pop up when you search in Oia

Please email me if you want any other advice. We had the best honeymoon anyone could ask for. I'd love to help you make yours as special. I know where you are coming from!! :)

Here's my email:

marlommm@hotmail.com

NY
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused on what town in santorini to stay

Thank you for your advice...you seem to know alot about the islands. What were some of your favorite restaurants on santorini and day trips? We are hoping to stay at katikies or alexanders boutique hotel.

NY NY
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused on what town in santorini to stay

Could anyone help answer my question about the Kirini vs. the Canaves hotel in Oia. I was reading that the Kirini looks nothing like the pictures on their web site and I also read that they are working the fact that its part of Katikies and that people will stay there if there is no room at the Katikies and actually it is not a nice property and the rooms are not worth the price 400-500Euro for dingy rooms with no marble baths etc.. and that the Canaves is a pettier property with nice flowers around the pool and common areas. Can anynoe confirm or deny this as I am going the end of June for a 2nd honeymoon and I don't want to be dissapointed I can still change my reservation from Kirini to Canaves if need be. I stayed in Canaves in 2000. in Canaves 2. Love the area and the fact that its close to Oia town.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused on what town in santorini to stay

marlommm makes a good point, Oia is the most romantic part of the Island. You can see it in the movie "Summer Lovers" though it's built up a lot since when the movie was filmed, 82.