We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atrina Traditional Houses

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Atrina Traditional Houses

Hi everyone,

This post is especially for anyone who has stayed at Atrina and even better in Tholos house - any details you can give to reassure me would be so gratefully received!

Planning 3 nights in June, really want traditional cave house accommodation and really like the look of Atrina - but it would be blowing the budget big time! The house I'm looking at is Tholos - it looks the most appealing of those available for our dates at an almost affordable £240 per night! Much more than we'd planned so I just want to be sure it's worth it.

My concerns:

1) The bathroom: no available pics and I gather some Atrina bathrooms aren't great

2) Noise from the street/passers by: Tholos appears to be right at the top of the hotel

All help much appreciated!

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atrina Traditional Houses

Assuming you've already read the reviews for Atrina Houses and not found answers to your questions, if I were you, I'd probably try sending private messages to one or two of the more recent reviewers and see if they can help.

You might not get anyone who's stayed at the Tholos house, but you ight get lucky and get information on the bathrooms etc.

Worth a try anyway?

Martin

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atrina Traditional Houses

Thanks - have done so already but just trying my luck here also!

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atrina Traditional Houses

Fair enough - good luck, it's a lot of money to be spending if it turns out that the accommodation isn't what you're hoping for.

Martin

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atrina Traditional Houses

As far as noise is concerned, the "street" is pedestrian-only, and it's away from all the heavy foot traffic, so it will be quiet there. And even if it is at the top level it will still be down the cliff some steps, so no one will be walking by your front door.

Chicago
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Atrina Traditional Houses

I am considering this hotel too! It got great reviews but I was wondering if anyone has personal knowledge.

Thanks!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atrina Traditional Houses

There are plenty of reviews of Atrina here on TA from past guests. If you want more information than what you find you can send a private message to those reviewers who might have the answers you seek.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atrina Traditional Houses

I refer you to repsonse #1.

Martin

8. Re: Atrina Traditional Houses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 06:15