We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pottery/Souvenir Shop in Oia

Orlando
3 posts
Save Topic
Pottery/Souvenir Shop in Oia

Hi all,

Recently my wife and I went on our honeymoon in Santorini, and after buying a few things to remember the trip by at a small shop and mailing them home, they arrived broken or were stolen out of the package we sent home (lesson learned!). We've been trying to find some items similar to the ones we got online, just to have something to remind us of the trip, and ordeal afterwards I suppose. We haven't had much luck, so I was hoping someone on here could help us identify the shop so we could try to give them a call directly.

Upon walking up from the bus stop, after getting to the square with the church, I believe it is just a few shops to the left along the main path, but it may be just to the right. I know it is not far at all from the square. There are two small souvenir shops that share a little cove, both are one room shops with a very small back area. The one on the left has more standard souvenirs, while the one on the right was almost all pottery, other ceramics, and bronze decorations like trays, plates, and bowls. Inside there is more pottery, with bronze wreaths on the wall. I can't remember much else, other than the fact that there was a tall, metal framed table that has a glass top on it in the center of the man's shop. I also remember the neighboring shop had clothes in the far back of it.

Wes

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Orlando
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pottery/Souvenir Shop in Oia

From looking at our statements, it may be Amanjena Art Jewerly, but we're not sure. There was a posting on this forum a long while back, but I'm not certain that's the same place or that the contact information is the same.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pottery/Souvenir Shop in Oia

The shop should have packed them properly so as to not arrive broken. If you paid by credit card I think you may have an option to dispute the charge??

Orlando
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pottery/Souvenir Shop in Oia

Oh no, we had more that we mailed back than just the items from the one shop, so we mailed the package ourselves. Very silly of us, but what can you do now?

Bellows Falls...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pottery/Souvenir Shop in Oia

Did you ever find the name of the shop? It sounds just like one I'm trying to locate as well...the two shops set back from the path a bit right? I believe the plates were made by an artist in Athens that only makes them for that shop...

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Milan, Lombardia...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Pottery/Souvenir Shop in Oia

Your in luck Wesley my wife and I will be in santorini next week if you give me the specifics I can try to get these items back to you unbroken. We are from Orlando so I figure we can help out our floridians. Let me know

6. Re: Pottery/Souvenir Shop in Oia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:17