We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with caldera view and good internet

new york
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with caldera view and good internet

Hello everyone. My family ( 4 adults 3 kids 13,9,5) are going to Santorini July 5-9 2013. I am looking for a place with caldera view, particularly in Oia but also good internet access inside the room or on balcony, not only in reception area or pool,etc.

Long story short-we need internet to access security cameras to my home as there were many home invasions in our neighborhood the past year so would like to be able to view security cameras while we are away.

Also would want only 2 rooms-one which can accomodate four and another three people or any other combination of 7 people

Zoe-Aegeas looks beautiful, but still looking for something cheaper- maybe $150-180 usd per night?

BLL, if you would answer- what do you think about getting a villa (no internet) and an apartment at Anemomilos? Is the internet access good inside the apartment? or only good by the pool and breakfast area?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

$180 = €137. Unfortunately that won't get you 2 rooms w/view for 7 people in Oia in July. Anemomilos doesn't have a calderra view. Also check Laokasti Villas, Maria's Place, Musses Studios and Maryloujohn Villas.

It's my experience that in Oia you have to be outdoors to catch a good line-of-sight signal. The buildings are all made from cement blocks. I have no experience with wi-fi at Anemomilos.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

you cannot find any availlable on caldera in oia for 130euros nightly in july.you can to find propertys on other side but inside in oia

new york
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

Yes, I meant 180 per night per room, which I know is still not too likely.

Since Zoe-Ageas seems to fit all my criteria for internet access (they even provide laptops), caldera view in Oia, and space, then my only other concern is how many steps to get to the hotel, google maps can't get that close.

I will be with 2 senior citizens, who are able bodied, but I don't want to cause them too much strain. The hotel people say it is not so bad, but wouldn't they say anything to keep their customer?

Any thoughts?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

In their case it's true, not too bad.

You didn't say you were willing to pay €137 _per room_. That's a horse of a different color. Your combined max of €274 should work.

Check Old Oia Houses. Their Venetian House, I think it's 'D', has no steps except inside up to the bathroom or roof terrace. Also check Thea Studios, Villa Kallisti, Casa Sofia and Villa Marina.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

I recommend Old Oia Houses. We stayed in a venetian house with limited stairs - there's a stairway to the bathroom or rooftop. I am sure the hosts would be happy to assist with any enquiries or concerns you have. Old Oia Houses is a lovely place to stay!

new york
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

Thanks all for your responses.

1) I have seen home made you tube videos for Old Oia houses and the views are spectacular-again, no one has really mentioned the internet access. As BLL had mentioned, I guess I won't expect much indoors, but at least out on the balcony will there be internet access for the reasons I mentioned when I opened the topic?

2) Also, with children and senior citizens in the midst of the heat of July, is it better to be in the "center" of Oia or at the "entrance"? We definitely want the atmosphere and feel of a relaxed quaint town,(as relaxed as it can get with the hoardes of cruise passengers that come in and out) but will it be difficult to get that feeling if we have to walk, for example from Maryloujohn villas?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

It would certainly be less hectic at the outskirts of Oia but there's nothing of interest out there. Also, keep in mind that all traffic coming in and out of Oia passes by on the main road, whereas if you stay in the heart of the village it's all 'pedestrian-only' there.

Contact any hotel you're considering and ask about wi-fi, and you can also contact reviewers here on TA by private message to ask for more information.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

The venetian house we had at Old Oia Houses had wifi - although we had reception in the bedroom area, the reception was better in the kitchen/dining area and on the balcony/rooftop terrace.

Do as BLL suggested and contact the hotel & enquire about the wifi.

Good luck!

Edited: 19 March 2013, 19:43
new york
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

I appreciate all the advice, one last question BLL, your hotel recommendations have no booking online capabilities-are they reliable via email or should I make long distance calls?

Again, thanks to all!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with caldera view and good internet

I don't know where you're looking, but they _ALL_ have online booking functions on their websites. Look again. Try a google search entering the hotel name followed by 'Oia'. You can also try www.booking.com

Get answers to your questions about Oia
Recent Conversations