We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

We are a family of four with two 12 years old girls. I am looking for hotels in Oia for our summer vacation. I need some help to make up my mind between Old Oia house and Zoe-Aegeas house. Both look good on the website to me. The one available in Old Oia house is one bedroom with private terrace while Zoe house has a 2 bedroom villa available. But I am not sure if the Zoe house come with a private terrace. I am looking for something high on the cliff with both caldera and white wash house view. Can anyone give me some advise which one should I choose.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

There are other options as well. Check Villa Kallisti, Lena's House, Casa Sofia, Villa Marina, Aspa Villa cavehouse, Olympic Villas cavehouse, Delfini Hotel cavehouse, Lucky Homes, Fotinos Houses and VIP Suites.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

Zoe is very nice and has a fantastic view. The location is great also! IF you want a private terass, you have to mail them and tell them about it. The private terass is the new one on the first level!

www.santorin-villas.com/index.php…

Ingela

Edited: 27 April 2013, 08:06
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

If by 'private terrace' you expect to be blocked from everyone's view you should know that it is very unlikely that you will succeed. No property is allowed to block the view of another, and the walls separating one from another are kept short for that reason. Keep in mind that these small rooms and houses were once separate dwellings and the 'powers that be' required that when they were rebuilt after the '56 earthquake whoever rebuilt them had to provide photographic proof that they were not altering the original size and shape of the house. I'm sure photos were not always found, which must have caused a lot of problems. These stringent rules that have prevailed to this day, thus the lack of privacy as might be found elsewhere.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

Hi, brotherleelove , thanks for the reply. The private terrace I mean is privately used. I understand those litte cute houses are very close to each other and the seperat wall/fence might be very low. Actually I like the way they are because I am also looking for the view of the white wash houses and blue dome church besides the ocean view. Could you please kindly give some advise which one to choose between old oia house and Zoe house? Both looks wonderful to me.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

Thank you so much Ingela, I will contact Zoe for that.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

These two are very similar and they're actually fairly close to each other so the view is not going to be significantly different. I like the looks of the photos on the Z-A website a bit more but that's just a subjective response. Practically speaking, go with the one you get a response from regarding a private terrace. If they both say yes, you will have a private terrace, go with the least expensive and spend the money you save on something fun.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

I will go to Oia soon, maybe today, for some photographing .I will pass Zoe Houses, will have a look at the terasses again. And I can also pass Old Oia Houses are, check if they seem to have private terasses. I will let you know.

Ingela

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

Hi

Just back from Oia and Zoe-Houses. There are two traditional apartments/houses on the ground terass. Both have a separate bedroom and a bedroom on a loft. The living room and kitchen area is large and very comfortable. If you are a couple with a daughter you have to pick one of those, and the terass is private for one of them. Be sure to mention this in your mail. But the terass is behind a doubldoor and has no view unless you open .For the view you have to go the few steps up to the second floor and to the terass there. The terass will be private only if nobody else stays in the top floor studio.

George Zacharelos (Zak) who is the manager of Zoe also has another private villa, "Villa 1799" located just below Zoe-Houses. This is fantastic and can accomodate up to 6 persons! It has TWO private terasses with the most amazing view and since it is below the main path to the castle it is very quiet and private. Choose this instead!! www.santorin-villas.com/index.php…

I tried but coulden´t find Old Oia houses! I asked around and nobody could tell me where it was located. So I can´t help you there. A suggestion is to send private messages to the ones who have stayed there and wrote reviews!

Ingela

Edited: 29 April 2013, 17:35
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

You have to go to Lotza Restaurant to ask about Old Oia Houses. They're not all in the same spot but are not far apart. The 2-bedroom Venetian House near the clock tower would be a great choice. There is a fantastic view and a private rooftop terrace.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Oia house or Zoe-Aegeas house?

I recommend Old Oia Houses. We stayed in a venetian house next to a mini mart. Originally we had a studio booked but OOH surprised us by giving us an upgrade to a venetian house, score!!! It is centrally located. We loved the gorgeous views from the balcony and rooftop terrace. See my review for photos. :) The owners are lovely and accommodating. I'm sure they will gladly assist with any enquiries you have.

Good luck and happy planning!

Edited: 29 April 2013, 20:39