We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could tell me if there are any good value hotels or apartments in Oia that have a private view of the Caldera, and are relatively easy to walk to from a parking place, with not too many steps? I'm looking for a place suitable for my elderly mother.

Many thanks! :-)

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,089 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

If you could let us know

1 - when you're going

2 - how long for

3 - your maximum daily hotel budget (in € rather than £ if possible)

I'm sure the Oia experts will be able to make some recommendations.

Martin

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

We'll probably be going in May 2014, for 10-14 days. Budget as low as possible (I know it's a tall order in Oia!) but if we get some ideas, we'll know how much to aim for when saving.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

Olympic Villas and Rimida Villas are close to parking, have a view and are not too expensive.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

Thank you so much, brotherleelove!

Thea Studios in Oia caught my eye - can you tell me anything about its location, in particular whether there are many steps to the nearest road? (It occurred to me that nearby parking places are not absolutely crucial, since I could drop off and pick up my Mum at the closest point to the hotel, and leave the car parked somewhere else).

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

It's actually fairly close to the main road in an area where parking isn't usually a problem except in July and August. I don't recall how many steps but judging from the photos on their website there will be some. If your mother has mobility problems it might be an issue.

I just remembered another possibility: Old Oia Houses has one house with no steps near the clock tower in Oia. The only steps are inside to the bathroom and to the rooftop terrace. There is also another balcony without steps. It's called the Venetian House and I think it's 'D' on their website. If you contact them mention the clock tower and her problem with steps. http://www.oldoiahouses.gr/

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

Thank you Lee, this is useful to know and you've been very helpful. Να είστε καλά!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

Also another vote for Old Oia Houses. We had a venetian house with no steps outside, only inside to get to the bathroom and rooftop terrace. See my review for photos. A lovely and gorgeous hotel. The owners are accommodating too!!

Good luck and happy planning!

8. Re: Oia hotel with view, and short walk/few steps from parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Oia
Recent Conversations