We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best View in Oia.

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newport News...
9 posts
Save Topic
Best View in Oia.

Hi. I've spent the past few weeks scouring the forums and narrowing down my hotel list. When I finally think I've narrowed it down to the perfect hotel, I read reviews and details that turn me off.

My husband and I are planning our honeymoon. We got married while he was deployed so we decided to wait until he got back and go on our one-year anniversary. We will be in Santorini (Oia) Oct 18 - 20. This is the "splurge" leg of our trip.

Our MAX price range is about 300-400 euro/night. If there's an accommodation that is just a little bit more, we will consider it if it's worth it. I am terrible at making decisions, especially when it involves going somewhere I've never been and spending a lot of money. This whole trip is going to cost us more than what my car is worth!

Below are our absolute musts -- if you could help narrow it down and provide your personal experiences, I would more than greatly appreciate it.

MIN $$: N/A

MAX $$: 300-400 euro

Must have:

1.) The most spectacular view we can afford. I am looking for a view that you only see in movies and in photos -- a view of the caldera, volcano, sunset, beautiful blue sea, etc. I understand that sunset views are limited, so I would be willing to sacrifice it for an amazing view of the others.

2.) Private Outdoor Jacuzzi - I have this image in my head of us sipping champagne, cuddling in the (heated) jacuzzi/hot tub, and just look out at all the lights from the buildings and the stars in the sky.

Santorini has always been a bucket list item for me. Most likely, given our situation (finances, time away from work, no kids yet) this may be the only time we have the chance to go. Forums are typically my last resort because I don't like bugging people but I'm actually falling behind in sleep and work trying to plan this leg of the trip. I even had a mini-meltdown this morning because I'm so behind in my work schedule but this matter MUST be taken care of immediately as hotels are booking up and special offers are running out.

All and any help would be more than greatly appreciate. I will forever be grateful for all of your help. Thanks in advance.

-Sara

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,430 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best View in Oia.

I stayed in R&J, although it was before they installed the jacuzzi. With that added amenity there and in Deep Blue I'd say that Aspaki can hardly be surpassed when it comes to quality and location as long as you don't mind not having a sunset view.

Although there will sometimes be people passing by the Volcano Jr. Villa they will be just below eye level so your view won't be blocked.

Newport News...
9 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Best View in Oia.

You guys are amazing! Thank you for all of your input, seriously! I woke up in a panic attack this morning and had a mini meltdown over this trip. It's 1:30am where I'm at, I have two lectures I have to write and class starting at 9am (I'm a professor and clinical researcher). And what am I doing? I'm making lists and charts and spreadsheets.

I have read the reviews on Trip Advisor and that is what caused the Great Hotel Decision of 2013. Everyone has something to say about everything -- good or bad. Every review has a "but..." These but's are killing me. (Don't you already feel bad for my husband? haha). Several reviews talked about the lack of privacy with some of the outdoor areas of Aspaki and that doesn't provide for the best situation for our "interests."

I could careless about the food, decor, or shower fixtures. I just want a spectacular view and an outdoor hot tub to relax in at night and look off at the city lights.

I really appreciate your advice and suggestions. With your help we have narrowed it down 3 (crossed off Carpenters & Volcano) but somehow, after reading reviews, added Atmospherico and Endless Blue to the list. These are both completely out of our price range but my darling husband wants to make all my dreams come true (this is why I married him). Now our fear is that it rains while we're there. Wouldn't that just be tragic irony.

In case you were curious, we are now at:

1.) Ikies >> Boatman

2.) Aspaki >> Romeo & Juliet

3.) Aspaki >> Deep Blue

4.) Aspaki >> Endless Blue

5.) Aspaki >> Atmospherico

Smh. This is why I resorted to bugging strangers on an online forum. The more I read about the rooms and listen to people rave about them, the less I can decide.

Again. Thanks!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,430 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best View in Oia.

I just went through the new photos for Aspaki on the Art Maisons website and I have to say, WOW!! The changes that have been made are spectacular. I can see that R&J and Deep Blue now have the privacy they once lacked. Atmospherico and Engless Blue balconies have always been 110% private.

Endless Blue balcony: Think the scene on the bow of the ship in "Titanic".

Newport News...
9 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best View in Oia.

Haha. Right when I had settled on Atmospherico, you talk about Endless Blue. This is why I'm so indecisive! He's asleep right now and in a different time zone so it will be a while before he wakes up. I think the final decision is:

"Economy" - Boatman

Middle - R&J or Deep Blue

"Bankruptcy" - Atmospherico or Endless Blue

It was actually the comments you had left on other threads that had sold me on Atmospherico. I think you once said, "I actually like Atmospherico more than Endless Blue" and since you're the expert on this matter, I sold myself on it.

We're only going to be there for two nights. Is it worth doing one night caldera and one night sunset? I was thinking of surprising him with a sunset boat ride so maybe we can just enjoy the sunset from the boat? Tell me about the sunset vs. caldera. Which is more awe-inspiring? Which is the absolute can't miss view of a lifetime?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,430 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best View in Oia.

Yes, I always liked Atmospherico more, but I haven't seen Aspaki since the changes. Believe me, there was nothing wrong with Endless Blue, it was just a personal preference.

If you're asking if you should change locations for one night I don't recommend it.

I have always preferred the caldera view because I can enjoy it 24/7. If I want to watch the sunset I just go someplace where I can see it and find a place to sit.

If you want you can take a sunset/champagne cruise.

So many people get hung up on making the perfect choice. There is no perfect choice. Try to relax and just go with your gut. You will not be disappointed regardless of which one you choose. They're all fantastic.

Newport News...
9 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Best View in Oia.

I wanted to thank everyone who tolerated my indecisive neurotic obsessive compulsive thought process.

*I* have decided to go with the Art Maisons Aspaki - Atmospherico. I say *I* because I am just going to pull the trigger and tell him after the fact; like that saying goes, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission." I'm just tired of losing sleep -- we still have Paris, Rome, Sicily, and Athens to plan.

This hotel is out of our price range but in the end, it's just money and this is our honeymoon. Money comes and goes -- sometimes you have a lot, sometimes you don't have enough. In the time that my husband and I have known each other, we have spent more time apart than together (because of the military) and we have yet to spend a birthday together. This is going to be a memory, rain or shine, that makes up for all that last time; it will last us a lifetime and because of that, it's worth every penny!

Anyhow, thank you all SO SO SO SO SO much, from the bottom of my grateful heart.

-Sara

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best View in Oia.

Bless your heart Sarah.. and your husband for doing what he's doing;-) If anyone deserves this, it's you guys;-) Couldn't agree more with your 3rd paragraph.. some things are indeed.. priceless;-) This is certainly one of them!

As an aside, if you've got any funds left.. or not, take a look at www.grandebretagne.com/ for your Athens stay.. if you're Amex Starwood.. listed on www.spg.com/ check out if you can do cash & points;-) I do hope, when you have the time.. you'll let us know how it went.. and how much you enjoyed!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
288 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best View in Oia.

Sara, BLL is correct - go with your gut, it won't matter. I'd sleep in a cardboard box anywhere on that island and it would still fill me with memories for a lifetime.

Have an absolutely wonderful trip :-)

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best View in Oia.

<< Money comes and goes -- sometimes you have a lot, sometimes you don't have enough >>

Sara,

I love your attitude - it echoes mine perfectly. I've recently had to cancel my upcoming trip to Santorini due to a mix of financial and health issues, but I was there in June and the memories of that and previous trips to this amazing island will keep me going through the long cold British winter.

After some of the "hotelzillas" we get on the Forum, you're like a breath of fresh air. Have a wonderful trip, as RedheadedGardenLady says, once you see what the island has to offer, you won't really worry where you stay, but being able to wake up to that view every day will give you memories to last a lifetime.

Martin

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Best View in Oia.

Hey Sara, Like you I am also trying to find a perfect spot to stay in Santorini in late Oct. Have you checked into VBRO (vacation home by owner). There are some stunning villas by the caldera. You will get complete bliss except it is self catering. If you are interested here is the link

http://www.vrbo.com/3493596ha