We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

Both hotels look great. Which one is better for a week stay?

Thank you!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

Decor and location are the two significant differences between these two hotels. Both are excellent. Onar is further out from the main square. Aris is right below the main square. Onar's decor is more contemporary. Aris' decor is more traditional and typical of what people come to Santorini to experience.

Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

Thank you so much for your information!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

Ann D, Hi, We have just returned from a weeks stay at Onar villas,it was fantastic,the owners and staff could not have been nicer.We preferred the location of Onar as everyday there are numerous coaches arriving into Oia and the main square onwards towards the sunset viewpoint is very busy.The view from Onar villas is also fantastic and they are only a dozen steps at the most from the pathway that goes into the village.I was up before 7am in the morning to go and take photos and it only took me 5-10 mins to walk from the square to the edge of the village where Onar villas are situated.We found this end quieter.

You will love being in Oia it is such a picturesque setting and the views of the Caldera are spectacular.

Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

Thank you for your information. We just booked 7 nights at Onar villas next June. Can't wait.

Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

We were in Oia last month. But only stayed a day when we were traveling with cruise. I was falling in love with Oia immediately and decided to go back next year. Glad you were enjoying your trip too. Best regards. Ann

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

Hi Ann D,

I have uploaded a video I made of photos taken whilst in Santorini.If you go to Onar villas website on tripadvisor it is one of the new photo uploads. If you enjoy traditional Greek music there is a restaurant only 400 meters away called Santorini Mou,we enjoyed a really good meal and a very pleasant evening there.

It was our first visit to Santorini and we thought the views of the Caldera and of the Island were stunning.

We will be back again.

Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

Hi Didney

Your review and photos on tripadvisor site were great and beautiful.

I was feeling in heaven too when I was there in September and decided to book our vacation in Oia for next year. I have been to many places around the world. Santorini is my all time favor.

Thank you again for your information!

Ann

8. Re: Aris Caves or Onar Villas in Oia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:17