We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

Hi! Heading to santorini mid may.

I travel almost weekly for work and my S/O is a business owner. We live in Manhattan. So, we need to RELAX, enjoy a view, each other in peace ...

I want to wake up and sit on my balcony and have a looooonnng healthy and delicious breakfast/ coffee every morning.

Stay in a fairly traditional Cave.. Head out for the day from there.

That's it. That's all I need.

Can you help to recommend a place? I'm drawn to aris picture but I don't see a daily breakfast delivery.

Cancaves looks amazing

We are going with NO PLAN other than a hotel and thrilled about it.

We are in our late 30s....

Thanks for any advice/opinions on a hotel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

I would recommend Katikes and tell them what you'd like precisely. There is a breakfast menu with endless options, and you place your orders the night before. And you can order countless plates, as they are all smaller portions (breakfast is included). Beautiful things get delivered. But it is maybe a touch too glamorous for what you want? Having breakfast delivered may be the catch if you want to be in a very traditional cave house. Thea Studios Oia is along the part of the caldera without the great cost but no one will deliver breakfast. Hope that helps a bit.

Mentioned in this post
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

Fantastic info!! Yes, I hear you.... The Catch is breakfast delivery is a "high maintenance" request yet I'm looking for a "low miantence " place. Ha ha

Will look into your suggestions

Thaks again Harriet!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,061 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

What is your maximum daily room budget in EURO?

Edited: 16 February 2014, 07:09
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

Hi----

We don't really have one... I'd say around 400 euro. ( ??)

We aren't looking for glamourous more authentic yet comfortable accommodations (comfortable bed/ hot shower )

Balcony- fantastic view where we can have a long leisurely breakfast every day

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,061 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

Check Esperas Houses, Fanari Villas, Delfini Villas (cavehouse suite), Caldera Villas, Villa Katikies, Golden Sunset Villas, Strogili Houses, Nostos Apartments, Marizan Caves and Theodora Suites.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

Hey and welcome KymMarie727:-) Suggest you also take a look at www.ikies.g/ Pretty much speaks for itself;-) I know exactly where you're coming from.. blue-blood Manhattanitte here as well looking for some peace and to *relax*.. loved it so much first time.. returned.. staying at Sailor, Boatman's and Carpenter's;-) Breakfast will be delivered at *your* appointed time.. on your balcony/terrace set up with linen, etc., from a menu provided to you the night before.. You'll barely here them setting it up they're so discrete;-)) Magnificent property, fabulous caldera views and stellar staff.. you won't want to leave;-)

As a side note, my last 2 times staying here were both in early-mid May.. you picked a wonderful time;-) Happy planning.. and EnJOY!

Edited: 16 February 2014, 17:15
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

.. that was suppose to be www.ikies.gr/ ;-) Enjoyin'!

Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

Hi, I would second the recommendation for Ikies - we have stayed in the Boatman's (which was very private) and the Antiquarian's Suite (which was huge, lovely but less private). Breakfast was exactly what you were describing - what you want, delivered to your private patio, at the time you selected. Good luck with your trip.

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

Thanks so very much!

Unfortunately it's not avail! Bummer! There's just so many to pick from. They all look amazing. Thanks for the nod on my timing! I think it will be perfect too! Be well

Thanks again for info!

10. Re: Hotel in Oia with amazing balcony view/ breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 17:05
Get answers to your questions about Oia