We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

Nomadic
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

Hello! My husband and I are travelling to Santorini in early September and are planning to spend two nights in Imerovigli and two in Oia. We have to decide between Zoe Houses and Kima Villas for our Oia accommodation, and with the confusion regarding accurate maps and exact locations, would appreciate some advice! The biggest difference between the two is that Kima Villas has a pool, which might be nice especially if Oia in the daytime is so crowded....but we are very excited to see and do a lot of what Santorini has to offer so aren't sure it's worth the extra $80/day to stay there. So for tiebreakers, does anyone know if one if one is closer than the other to Ammoudi Bay? We are definitely planning to head there for swimming/eating at least once....also, if we opted for Zoe Houses, does anyone know how far of a walk it would be to swim in the ocean? I can't figure it out from the various maps and reviews I've read and we really need to decide! Any help is appreciated, thanks!!!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

Zoe Houses is closer to the steps going down to Amoudi but know that Oia is very small and Kima Villas will only be about another 5 minutes' walk from those steps. The real advantage to Zoe Houses' location is that if the village is crowded you will already be past most of that except for those who gravitate towards the famous vista point at the top of those same steps. And FYI-there is a lovely public-access pool just a short walk from Zoe Houses that's free if you buy food and/or drinks: http://www.lioyerma.gr

Nomadic
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

brotherleelove, thank you for your reply (and sorry for my delay, off the grid for a few days!). It seems like we have two great options, just have to somehow figure out whether we think we want to hang out at the hotel and swim during the day at any point or if we should save a few dollars and spend the day swimming in the sea if its warm! I keep hearing how intense those stairs are and so keep going back to thinking the pool outside our hotel room might be great, but on the other hand if we skip it and have to walk to swim it just means we get to eat more delicious greek food on our holiday ;-) Thank you for your information, it is very helpful!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,243 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

If it helps, there's the Lioyerma pool bar in Oia which is free to use - as long as you buy food and/or drinks from them.

http://www.lioyerma.gr

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

And if you do go down to Amoudi to swim there are some excellent tavernas down there for meals. If you don't want to walk back up they'll call you a taxi.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,243 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

If it helps, I tend to find the maps on www.booking.com more accurate than the one's on TA.

Also, Google 'has its moments'. I remember it placing one Akrotiri hotel smack bang in the middle of the archeological site. I don't think so!

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

A pool wasn't important to us at all but we stayed at Zoe Houses in May and loved the location. The owner gives excellent service. You have a close up view of one of the blue dome churches from your balcony. We did walk down and back up the Ammoudi steps one day to dip in the sea and have an excellent early fish dinner at Dimitri's which is the last restaurant you pass through on the trek to the swim spot.

Yes, the steps were something else but part of the experience and definitely worth it to visit the beautiful bay and swim in the sea. It won't be at all like swimming in a pool, but you can swim in a pool anywhere.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 20:21
New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

Don't ride the donkeys on the Ammoudi steps!

Nomadic
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

Thank you for all the helpful information! I think we will go with Zoe Houses and be closer to the steps- a little exercise on holiday is never a bad thing (and we won't ride the donkeys :-)). I really get the feeling this is one of those win-win decisions so we might as well save a few dollars for a catamaran day during our visit!

9. Re: Zoe Houses or Kima Villas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Oia
Recent Conversations