We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oia / Imervogli / Fira ?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Oia / Imervogli / Fira ?

We are in Santorini for one night only at the end of July. Which town should we stay in? Which hotel should we stay in - without breaking the bank (i.e. max GBP200)? Which restaurant should we go to - we like good food and wine? And how do we get to and from these places from the ferry / port?

Any advice much appreciated! Thanks

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oia / Imervogli / Fira ?

You're cutting it fine to book a "nice" hotel at the end of July, the peak of the holiday season - many hotels have been booked solid for months now.

However, if I was staying one night only, I'd discount Imerovigli - it's too isolated with only a few restaurants and other facilities.

Oia is undoubtedly the most picturesque and romantic of the cliff top villages with lots of hotels and restaurants with prices ranging from "reasonable" to "blimey Charlie, how much?"

You don't say when you're leaving after your one night on the island. If it's an early start, you may be better off in Fira as it's closest to the ferry port at Athinios.

Use the filter system on http://www.booking.com/ to search for hotels that meet your criteria, then come back to TA to look at the reviews of any you shortlist. Due to your lateness in booking, you may have problems finding somewhere so be prepared to compromise.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oia / Imervogli / Fira ?

Thank you @bigsnitch

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oia / Imervogli / Fira ?

Given the choice between Argo Suites / Fanari Villas and Caldera Villas - which would be best for proximity to ferry / view / food?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,295 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oia / Imervogli / Fira ?

All are in Oia so proximity to ferry is the same. The ferry port is about 35 minutes away.

I don't know Argo Suites. It looks very nice. I can tell from the photos that Argo (and Caldera Villas) don't have a sunset view, only Fanari does. Fanari has an on-site restaurant. The others don't but Oia is small. There are plenty of restaurant choices close to all 3.

CV and Fanari have pools, Argo doesn't. You'll be very thankful to have a pool in July.

5. Re: Oia / Imervogli / Fira ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Oia
Recent Conversations