We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

tl4
ont
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Topic
Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

Hi Will be staying in Oia for 4 nights late August. Will be at Aerthrio hotel. For first night for dinner I was thinking of Anemomilos. Is is close to hotel? Or the Santorini Mou? Any suggestions would be great.

We are going to Fira one night for dinner and some nightlife. Any suggestions?

What is the best beach to swim. I heard the red beach is closed.

Plan to go to Amoudi Bay and also I read somewhere a lady did a wine tour and then a cooking class. Does anyone know about this. We are 3 women in our 40s. Cannot Wait.

Thanks for any advice. First time to Greece!!!! :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

We have booked the SAFOWI wine tour as it is highly recomended on TA (ranked no 1) ,they do a cookery class too combined with the wine tour. We booked it a few weeks ago for early september and we still didn't get our first choice of date, it books up early so if you want it I would get in touch.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

Forgot to mention we are also hoping to dine at Santorini Mou, the reviews are very "on form" at the moment. I am only giving you info based on my own personal research over the last few weeks for our own holiday. I am sure people with more knowledge than me will reply to you shortly.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
288 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

Both restaurants are fantastic. We stayed at Anemomilos and walked into Oia every day/night, always walking by the Aethrio, so yes, it is walkable, the loveliest walk you will ever have, lol. The restaurant at Anemomilos was actually our best meal on Santorini, not to mention one of the cheapest. You won't have a caldera view at either, not sure if that matters. Santorini Mou has wonderful music. As for best spot in Fira, I can only tell you where not to eat, our worst meal was there, worst service we ever had. The ice cream guys across the path salvaged our evening. As for beaches to swim, we like Vlichada, but the wind was terrible when we were there, we had better luck at Kamari, Perissa and Koloumbos. Koloumbos is fairly rustic, but it's not as crowded. It's kind of boho hippy, and we like that :-)

Have a great trip!

tl4
ont
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

Hi thanks everybody. So helpful. Any other restaurants for a last night !!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

Restaurants, I think I researched them all!. Lots of good ones but all depends on what you are looking for. We hope to visit Santorini Mou as I have said but that is just for the atmosphere and music as well as good food of course but there is no view there.

If you want the sunset view along with being a part of the "sunset gathering" then Kastro's is what we chose for that.

If you get sick of greek food we chose Oozora japanese for the upmarket choice of some different cuisine but still a great view.

We chose Karathos Lounge for a nice more informal evening with tapas type dishes in a quiet beach side setting and possibly the best sunset view in September.

We chose Floga for our anniversary meal as we like the menue and it seems to be a good restaurant.

People choose restaurants for lots of different reasons, different menus, different views, different ambience.

Have a look through the TA reviews and see what ticks your boxes.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

For Fira I like the look of Character.

CHESTERFIELD
Level Contributor
496 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

Hi,

I know trying different places to eat is all part of a holiday but from our experience of staying twice in Oia if you ate every night at Anemomilos you wouldn't go far wrong !! The best slow cooked lamb, the best chops, the best meatballs, the best prawns and by far the best prices. Try the Atlantis wine, both red and white are very good. No caldera view but it doesn't matter a bit. Mmmmmmm those meatballs Mmmmmmmmm!!!

Regards

Gill

8. Re: Advice pl sightseeing, beaches and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Oia